City Shops by Dave Arneson
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:33 am 

Hey All, I was looking for some input as to the worth of a couple of items I have picked up in larger lots of Ebay the past month or so. Both are non-TSR items that I have no clue about.  I figure they don't have much value as they both are from 1989, but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it to list them individually or if I should just include them in a large lot of odds and ends that I will listing on Ebay in the near future.

1st item is called City Shops by Dave Arnenson. It has a orangish cover sheet that says 2nd edition, catalog No 102. and states it's form Sage-Lore Productions.  It contains random generation tables and generic floor plans.  

2nd item is called Dark Dungeon 1 by Steven R. Hess.  It is produced by Creative Cartography Ideas and it says on the cover sheet Interconnectable Multi-Level Caverns and Chambers.  It is actually bunch of individual non bound yellowish sheets in the same format as the old dungeon geomorphs were printed.  

Any help would be much appreciated.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:23 am 

Since City Shops is by Arneson you could probably fetch $30 or so for it.  
The other item would go for less than $10, or even perhaps not at all.  
That's just my estimation though...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:12 pm 

It appears I made a slight(okay major mistake) when looking at the City Shops.  It is NOT from Dave Arnenson.  It is actually from Don Anderson, oops  :oops: .  I guess that will make a pretty large difference in value. Sorry about the confusion. but more input would still be appreciated.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche