Unopened and Sealed Expert set # 1012
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Collector

Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 02, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2005

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:03 pm 
 

Just a little curious about the value of an unopened and sealed Expert Box Set #1012 from 1980. I looked all over the internet and I can't seem to find one that is still factory sealed or undamaged. I appreciate it guys!!!

George

 YIM  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:34 pm 
 

I sold one for around $23.00 a year ago.  Estimate anywhere from $15.00 - $25.00 depending on the overall condition of the set and who is looking for shrinkwrap at the time. . .. ya never know. . . sometimes shrink items "surprise" everyone with how much they go for, depends who's bidding.


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:11 am 
 

Of course at times there is the odd little auction where something like this goes for more than the expected amount. Noted below a set of five auctions in which each of the five box sets were sold by the same seller individually.

Also please Note that all of these box sets were UNSEALED, though each set does look to be in near mint to mint condition. Very nice sets. Two of the sets sold for far more than the normal bid amount for sets like these. Although the Expert set did sell for an expected $26.

Basic set: $22.50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Expert Set: $26
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Companion Set: $26
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Master Set: $45.59
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Immortals Set: $62
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:11 pm 
 

Then things like this happen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:14 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:Then things like this happen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

That's a real nice buy.  I saw a couple of shrinked master sets including I think burnie's go for over $65.00 over the couple weeks.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:04 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:Of course at times there is the odd little auction where something like this goes for more than the expected amount. Noted below a set of five auctions in which each of the five box sets were sold by the same seller individually.

Also please Note that all of these box sets were UNSEALED, though each set does look to be in near mint to mint condition. Very nice sets. Two of the sets sold for far more than the normal bid amount for sets like these. Although the Expert set did sell for an expected $26.

Basic set: $22.50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Expert Set: $26
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Companion Set: $26
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Master Set: $45.59
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Immortals Set: $62
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT


Nice sets though!!  Hard to find these in that kind of condition!!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:48 am 
 

About three weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win a bid for the first FOUR of the five basic boxed sets all in a single auction listing for 39.00 total (That is including shipping). The 3rd and 4th boxed sets are shrink wrapped and the first two sets are complete and in good condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

The box sets were well packed and arrived in VERY nice condition.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:56 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:About three weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win a bid for the first FOUR of the five basic boxed sets all in a single auction listing for 39.00 total (That is including shipping). The 3rd and 4th boxed sets are shrink wrapped and the first two sets are complete and in good condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

The box sets were well packed and arrived in VERY nice condition.


Nice pick up!!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:21 pm 
 

Damn, I've been missing my Masters set since it was STOLEN back in 1990  :evil: I've pay at least $25 for it!  But $9??  $39 for all four??  8O


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1