Lin Carter - Conan - FGU item
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:09 pm 

Hi I attended a live auction Sunday where this came up as part of a bundle.

I had no idea on it's worth so didn't bid although it looked cool.(I like Lin Carter and Conan stuff) A friend who owns a game store locally bought it so I assume it would be for sale there so I may inquire with him.

I wanted to see if anyone here knows anything on it's value. It appeared to be in great shape. Thanks for any input!

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:21 pm 

*edit I see where NK has one for $40 so I guess that gives me an idea.

Second question - this was in the same bundle on the reverse side, is this particular EPT version very valable? I am guessing it came as part of a box set and is loose but don't know

On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:59 am 

Scott---

Royal Armies, if it's complete (it includes a separate map and a reference sheet), used to run $35-75 depending on condition (prices are likely higher now).  Some more info @ Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Royal Armies of the Hyborean Age (1975)

The EPT book, per the bottom comment on the cover page, is probably a reprint from Tita's House of Games.  See Tékumel :: The World of the Petal Throne for some comparative details.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:13 pm 

Thanks Allen, it looks more like the 1983 Gamescience reprint from what I am finding Empire of the Petal Throne | Tekumel Collecting

On the Arizona plains