AD&D Planescape Sketchbook possible value
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:12 pm 

Howdy collectors! I'm sure some of you know about the Planescape Sketchbook. For those planescape collectors out there, you'll need it to complete your planescape collection!  8)   Back to the topic...this item was made in 1994 if I recollect.  Anyone have an opinion on what its worth? I say about 100-150. Too high? too low? Lets hear what you have to say about this rare item.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:33 am 

I believe many people have no idea about the item I am talking about so here is a picture:  community.webshots.com/photo/55131252/5 ... 4380fdiaMA  Hope that refreshes peoples mind.  Planescape is very much desired by players and collectors alike. Lets hear from some of you what the seldom heard of and seen planescape sketchbook should be worth.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:42 pm 

My copy is on the way. I cant wait to get it and see what all the hubbub is about. :D More information to follow....  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:54 am 

Hey Adam, the sketchbook will dissappoint you so trade it to me once you get it. Thx  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:25 pm 

THE SKETCHBOOK HAS LANDED!!!!!!!  Very cool. It looks like a reproduction of the original conceptual notebook by Dana Knutson. It is chokeful of many sketches with notations.  I understand there were only 80 +/- of these sold at only 2 conventions GenCon East and EuroGenCon. These were never offered for sale anywhere else and not many people know these exist.  It was published in 1994 by TSR.   Anyone else have any more info on these items?  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:30 pm 

Adam, were did you get the number of 80+/- from? I think there may be a bit more than that, but who knows. Like you said, they were available only at conventions

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:37 pm 

Today I saw only the second one of these come up for auction in what...a year since I started collecting the Planescape items. In each auction instance, they both had what I would call extremely low buy it now prices ($25 today and the first was $15 if memory serves).

When one considers its rarity, and that common items such as Bloodwar and Planes of Conflict regularly sell for upwards of $75 (of course those are content and subject based inflations), I would be very curious as to just how much a sketchbook would sell for if an auction were to run its course. Perhaps Adam would be willing to use his copy for this auction guinea pig :wink:

-PD

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:54 pm 

<I understand there were only 80 +/- of these sold at only 2 conventions GenCon East and EuroGenCon. These were never offered for sale anywhere else and not many people know these exist.
>>

The only place I have seen them was at a local store that had about 10 copies lying around forever a few years ago (now long gone).  It probably was not widely distributed as I never saw it in any distributor listing I ever dealt with (almost all of them since the early 1990's) and may lend some truth to the GenCon East theory, as I am in NJ as is the store that used to have them.

Michael
The Dragon's Trove