DragonLance Adventures...but backwards
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 pm 

And no I don't mean serutnevdA ecnaLnogarD :)

I was going though some stacks of different things in my collection and found that I have a copy of the DragonLance Adventure book (Hickman/Weis) with all the interior pages set in back to front (and upside down)with respect to the cover.  Are these common?  Should I expect the value to be bumped up (or down) due to this quirk?  If so - how would you adjust the value?   Condition looks V. Good - Fine to my eyes BTW.

Thanks in advance.

C.P.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:33 pm 

That crafty TSR marketing department and their nifty detached booklet/cover formats ;-).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:22 pm 

I have one of these. I think I have an upside down UA as well.
I had a 1st ED DMG that Tim Kask (as auctioneer) sold for about 160.
Then some other auctioneer sold my Easley cover DMG and it went for about 10 bucks.
So I would say that the beauty of this kind of item is in the eye of the beholder.

Shrink is not a condition

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:42 pm 

Thanks for the feedback.  More is welcome.  Here are some pictures.  Some pages still have cut line indication marks and other info from the printer that wasn't meant to be there.  This means some pages have the relevant information mighty close to the page edge on the opposite side (but no info seems to be lost altogether).  

CP

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:01 pm 

Hey, I was just checking some stuff and found I have one of these too (though I don't have any printer markings).  Did you end up selling yours?  If you did, and you don't mind telling me, do you recall how much you got for it?
Thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm 

RichCsigs wrote in DragonLance Adventures...but backwards:Hey, I was just checking some stuff and found I have one of these too (though I don't have any printer markings).  Did you end up selling yours?  If you did, and you don't mind telling me, do you recall how much you got for it?
Thanks!

Naw, I hung onto mine. I didn't get the sense it would fetch much more than average for the right-side-up version.