Potential Items for the Gen Con 2016 Auction
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:40 pm 

Good Evening,

If appropriate and acceptable, I'd like to post a short list (12-15 items iirc) of a friend's items I planned to bring to Gen Con's auction. Am seeking a quick thought or two in terms of Auction, Store or Leave At Home.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:10 am 

It is very acceptable.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:13 am 

burntwire brothers wrote in Potential Items for the Gen Con 2016 Auction:It is very acceptable.

Cool, thanks. Will post later today or early tomorrow then.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:16 pm 

Hi again,

Here's my friend's stuff. Pictures and further details upon request:
  • AD&D Fighting Wheel - wheel excellent, sleeve very good - minor stain and scratch top back, some small creases
  • AD&D Fighting Wheel - wheel excellent, sleeve has some small stains/scuff marks
  • AD&D 2nd Ed Forgotten Realms Adventures #2106  - good condition, some cover dings at spine and corners
  • AD&D 2nd Ed Legends & Lore #2108 - very good condition, minor dings
  • AD&D 2nd Ed Book of Artifacts #2138 - excellent condition
  • All the World's Monsters Volume III - good condition, price tag on lower front right, crease along spine
  • D&D Basic Rules #2014 - 1981 1st printing - very good condition, one page with excess paper at top
  • D&D Expert Rules #2015 - 1981 1st printing - good condition, cover wear especially about 3-holes.
  • D&D Blue Book #2001 - 2nd Ed Nov 78 - good condition, some highlighting and includes pg 125 of AD&D Players Handbook (a Reference sheet - Spell Tables)
  • Gamma World Legion of Gold GW1 #7503 - good condition, light stains on cover, some highlighting and pencil marks, Includes Albuquerque Starport mini-module (no cover if it had one)
  • Judges Guild lot:
  •  1 - Fantastic Wilderlands Beyond (2nd print, good condition, some rust marks from a 3 ring binder)
  •  2 - City State of the World Emperor - Campaign Map 6 (2 versions: player and judge) - Judge map OK corner damage (hung on a wall?), player map good
  • 3 - Desert Lands - Campaign Map 7 (judges copy, map 8 judge on back) - good condition
  •  4 - Sea of Five Winds - Campaign Map 8 (player copy, map 7 player on back ) - good condition
  •  5 - Elphand Lands - Campaign Map 9 (2 versions: player and judge, Map 10 Lenap on back) - good condition
  • Lords of Middle Earth Volume II - Mannish Races #8003 (ICE) - very good condition
  •  The Traveller Book Vol. 1 #201 (GDW) - very good condition
  •  The Traveller Adventure Vol. 2 #202 (GDW) - very good condition except for some cover dings
  •  Traveller: Spinward Marches Campaign #261 (GDW) - very good condition
  •  Warhammer 40K Codex: Angels of Death - very good condition
  •  Warhammer 40K Codex: Sisters of Battle - very good condition

Thanks again,
Andrew

Last edited by Old Man on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 pm 

Well my thoughts are:

1. If you bring both Fighting Wheels it may effect the final prices. Someone may not bid as high because they know another is coming up. These should bring some good $$$. Value is all over the board, really depends on who really wants it. Usually $75-125

2. Most of the other TSR items are somewhat common, the cost to put the item in the auction($2) and the auction fees of 15% make it a little hard to make much off those. Putting them in the store at fixed prices and reducing the price each day(that option was available in the past) would most likely work out best(the store fee is only $1). I would go to Ebay and look up what each item sold for and find an average price for the condition of the book for pricing. Most of these would be less than $15.

3.All the worlds Monsters may do better at auction and the Judges Guild maps may do best as one lot at auction(just make sure to give a detailed list of the maps). value $10-20

4.Have no clue on the Warhammer items and the Lords of Middle Earth.

5.Traveller items usually aren't worth much. Sometime at auction you can do well on the boxed set and some of the rarer items, but the common books and supplements only go for a few bucks each.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:33 am 

The Judges Guild is actually a complete item.

The Wilderlands Beyond Book and maps 7,8,9,10 are a complete set Player and Judges of each.  Depending on the printing number, these can fetch $50-100.

Map 6 does not belong there and is quite common, so not a bit one, but rest all belong together.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:55 pm 

Folk,

Thank you for the replies. Looks like I should bring 1 of the 2 wheels then. Good news on the Fantastic Wilderness book. On the cover it says 67 too left of pix, $8 on right, and 1978 as the copyright date.

Regards,
Andrew

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:22 am 

Old Man wrote in Potential Items for the Gen Con 2016 Auction:Folk,

Thank you for the replies. Looks like I should bring 1 of the 2 wheels then. Good news on the Fantastic Wilderness book. On the cover it says 67 too left of pix, $8 on right, and 1978 as the copyright date.

Regards,
Andrew

Sounds like a 1st or 2nd print, but you can verify it here

Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:30 pm 

WyvernLord wrote in Potential Items for the Gen Con 2016 Auction:
Old Man wrote in Potential Items for the Gen Con 2016 Auction:Folk,

Regards,
Andrew

Sounds like a 1st or 2nd print, but you can verify it here

Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde

Thanks for the link. It is a 2nd print.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm 

MERP stuff has a definite buyer's market.  I've done quite well selling MERP books in the past, though prices vary pretty widely depending on when the item comes up.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:59 pm 

Phentari wrote in Potential Items for the Gen Con 2016 Auction:MERP stuff has a definite buyer's market.  I've done quite well selling MERP books in the past, though prices vary pretty widely depending on when the item comes up.

Aye, have seen that on Facebook as well.

So far I'll register the items in red (above) at least.