White Dwarf Values
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:43 am 

red_bus wrote:thanks you :D :D

I keep meaning to buy some from here.  But I haven't got round to it yet.

Let me know what you think if you buy any.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:27 am 

#1; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5954551894
went for £102, despite the torn cover.

The reprints of #2-5 were £15-17 each; reasonably close to expectations, given the above estimates.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 am 

Bumping an old thread here with a related question.

I see that issues after number 25 are valued at maybe $2-$3 apiece, but what about the special issues - specifically #90 10 year anniversary issue. Is this worth more? Or still common as hen's teeth?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:46 am 

I would say that the value doesn't increase for the various anniversaries etc - might be worth listing in an ebay store for a bit more but be prepared for it to lie there for a while.

(was 90 the one with all the WD characters stats for various systems - thrud, gook etc?)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:58 am 

I agree with gyg.  I also think that the best way to go about 'pimping'* your sales is by highlighting the content, and possibly grouping appropriately.  For example, The five or six issues which featured Irilian (easily one of the best cities ever designed for D&D), grouped, might fetch a higher relative value.  Similarly, the Cthulhu scenarios in WD were generally of a very high quality, and there were a few really good MERP adventures.  Issue quality also might lift prices a bit, as with many mags of the era that were read and re-read, getting genuinely Mint or Near-Mint, high quality copies, with no staple-rust or creases and still-glossy covers, can be tough.

Otherwise prices will rise depending upon people filling out holes in their collection.  You won't be bidding against me as I have pretty much filled out a full M/NM collection from 1-100 (boast, boast, boast, although of course, although I still need a few in the 16-22 range  :D ) Mostly now I buy old dog-eared copies to cut out articles and put together compilations (how geeky is that!)

*observe my mastery of the new vernacular, recently acquired by watching the telly.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Previous