Dragon Magazine Issue #130
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:29 pm 

You don't have it listed-

It has a Red Headed sorcerous summoning a Greenish Demon from a pentagram.

Any ideas on value?

Thanks, Pat

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:40 pm 

patweb wrote:You don't have it listed-

Any ideas on value?

Thanks, Pat

Just based on the magazines listed here on this site, the value of the corresponding Dragons in the 130 series go anywhere form $4.00 to $8.00, so assuming it is in excellent or better condition I would say that it wouldn't be worth anything more than that.  Also, it seems to me that if you are selling it on Ebay, that you would be lucky to get $4.00 just because there is always an abundance of Dragons listed on there everyday and it seems to have really watered down the market considerably.  Just to give you an example of what I mean, last spring I isted an auction for like 30 or 40 Dragons ranging from numbers 75 to 150 in very good or better condition, and it sold for like $8.00.  Now I am sure the shipping cost in the long run hurt the value of the auction a bit (shipping was like $15.00) but even still when you are only looking at a $23.00 total for 30 or 40 dragons.  But hey, you never know you may just get a bite from a bidder or 2 looking to complete their collection and get an inflated price for it. Hell, one thread here, there is a discusion about an Ebay listing for a hammered Q1-Queen of the Demonweb Pits that the last time I checked was at $71.00, so you never know.  I also heard a rumor that some bought a 1st ed Deities & Demigods w/Cthulu for $1000.00, but then again I don't think he paid.....  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:15 pm 

patweb wrote:You don't have it listed-

Any ideas on value?

Thanks, Pat

I just sold one for $4, perfect condition.  Most old Dragon mags in the 100's only bring $3-$4 max unless it's a special issue with an insert (like the Deck of Many Things Issue or a game).  

Mike B.