Traps Fore, by Grimtooth (Task force games)
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 pm 

Resurrecting this one...

I've seen pictures of monochrome versions of:

1. Grimtooth's Traps
2. Grimtooth's Traps Too
3. Grimtooth's Traps Fore
4. Citybook I

I have a US size mono of #1.  I have seen UK digest size monos of #1-3.  I'm trying to figure out the rest of the combinations that exist.  According to Ian's site (You need a browser that supports frame to view this page.) some of these exist, but I may be reading the notes wrong.  I'm nearly certain that #3 does not have a US version.  Summarizing:

#  US UK
-    --          --
1    Y          Y
2    ?          Y
3    N          Y
4    ?          Y

If we can get this straight, I think I can post the complete order of all Grimtooth printings.  (And I'm just curious about the Citybook - those are otherwise well marked, I believe.)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm 

The City Book 1 monochrome with green cover is in US sized format but is published in UK.  Copyright: first printing May 1982 (according to my copy).
I am pretty sure that US version of GT Too does not exist in mono format.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:24 pm 

By US size mono of #1, do you mean the grey cover one?  That would be a US print.

As Loki said, the mono citybook 1 and the digest sized (but really A5 size) 1-3 are all UK prints.  In fact I think those are all and the only UK prints.

All the US prints are full size.  Definitely, at least 1 US print for each of the 4 you list exist - probably at least 4 US prints of 1, at least 2 US prints of 2 and 4, and at least 1 US print of 3.  I suspect at least 1 more US print of each.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 pm 

Mars wrote:By US size mono of #1, do you mean the grey cover one?  That would be a US print.

As Loki said, the mono citybook 1 and the digest sized (but really A5 size) 1-3 are all UK prints.  In fact I think those are all and the only UK prints.

All the US prints are full size.  Definitely, at least 1 US print for each of the 4 you list exist - probably at least 4 US prints of 1, at least 2 US prints of 2 and 4, and at least 1 US print of 3.  I suspect at least 1 more US print of each.

Yes, the grey one.  That's full size.  Cool - sounds like I can cross two items off my list, because they don't exist!  I'll update my Grimtooth notes and see what I can get posted.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Yes, the grey one.  That's full size.  

I think there might be 2 prints of the grey one before they switched to blue.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think there might be 2 prints of the grey one before they switched to blue.

I don't have mine handy, but I don't recall any markings clearly identifying it.  Do you have any more info?

Previous