2nd edition RuneQuest, signed by Steve Perrin
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:53 pm 

Cover is intact but separated.  Signed on Title page, personalized to me, DunDraCon X in 1982.

Any ideas?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:57 pm 

I would say that while it's a pretty good find, there are two strikes against it:

1. Condition, condition, condition.  The most valuable signed items are those that are in prime condition.  With the cover being seperated as you described, that will lower the value rather significantly, especially if it's square bound vs. saddle stitched.

2. Personalization: If its personalized it's harder to sell, and consequently carries a lower premium.  Ideally, the only thing that should appear in there is the signature and nothing else.

As to value...well given that Runequest 2nd Edition books tend to go for rather hefty prices even in paperback (approximately $25 - $40 US), your tome, in premium condition, could easly net a 50% increase over that.  However, the two factors above conspire to hurt the value.  I would say that the book would carry a small premium, perhaps 10% at the most above the average RQII price.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:14 pm 

Thanks Traveller,

I was trying to find out if Steve Perrin was still alive.  Do you happen to know.

I feel like a nincompoop, I THREW AWAY the AD&D combat wheel while going through my stuff after a move last year.  AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHH!

I have a lot of vintage stuff,

All the Worlds Monsters Volume 1-3
Hole Delvers Catalog
DemiGods and Deities (I have to find out if it is a true first edition, it is definately first edition).

I am going to go through everything again after finding this site.

Pat

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:15 pm 

Oh, and somewhere around here I have the first 5 traveller manuals. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:58 pm 

Let's see...regarding Traveller material.

I have four sets of rules (1 1st edition, 1 revised edition, The Traveller Book, Books 0-8 reprint).
I have two copies of Book 0, 4-6 (includes the reprint)
Several supplements and adventures (and the reprint volumes as well).
Tarsus box set
Alien Module 1: Aslan

I have a whole host of MegaTraveller, TNE, and T4 material as well, but don't deal with T20 as it sucks.  I haven't had the time to try to incorporate T5 playtest material into my gaming.

Now, as to Mr. Perrin, he's very much alive and well.  Search for Steve Perrin's Quest Rules on Google.

I have a true first printing of the DDG.  Not nearly all that scarce.  I thought it was worth the $30 I spent, but it's just not that tough to find.

If you're looking to sell that Metamorphosis Alpha you have, shoot me a PM, because I'm interested.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:07 pm 

Traveller wrote:I have a true first printing of the DDG.  Not nearly all that scarce.  I thought it was worth the $30 I spent, but it's just not that tough to find.

There's two or three listed almost every week on eBay...$30 is about right for one in VG.  I got mine for $7, but it's pretty battered.  (I just wanted to finally read those 2 mythos, so I didn't care).  :D

YIM