Alex Marciniszyn - Game Merchant Newsletter
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 am 

A strange curio that I'm sure others here have come accross.
Its a newspaper size 'zine like the ones Judges Guild put out for a while, published by Alex Marciniszyn, and called Game Merchant. Alex appears to have some tie in with Palladium, and this appears to be articles and adverts aimed at the 80's Games Store merchants rather than the playing public.
Anyone know if this made it out of Premier Issue?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:26 pm 

15 issues actually :)  I was catching up on my Space Gamers tonight -  # 62 has the press release in which Marciniszyn announces the cease of publication  citing a bad economy.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:34 pm 

That's a slow night in Canada when you're catching up on 30 year old info from a Space Gamer. The Berlin Wall was still up then, right? :-)
Just teasing you Dave. I recently went through my space gamers to grade them and sort out the doubles, because I completed my set (1 through 88 Yay!). I needed to grade my doubles too so I can sell them (I basically have about issues 20-88 missing about 10 total, so if anybody is interested send me a PM). I found myself occasionally looking at the contents too....

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:39 pm 

Lol, well I am behind in my reading a bit :)

I like the old Space Gamers because of their broad selection of reviews, lots of coverage across genres and publishers, miniatures too.  Makes for a nice trip down memory lane.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng