Some RPG Newsletters/Fanzines...
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am 

I found some old RPG Newsletters from the 80's in a random box i bought recently and i wondered if they are worth anything? I found out the Owl & Weasel is pretty spectacular, but i couldn't find any recent sales on the others:

3 x Issues of News From Bree
2 x Issues of Underworld Oracle
1 x Issue of Dungeoneer

I also have a copy of Postal Gaming News and The British Go Journal but i don't expect they are worth anything.

Thanks for any help,

Mike.......

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:13 am 

Mike---

If you can share issue #s, dates, TOCs, and some condition notes, that would definitely help!

Allan

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:06 am 

grodog wrote in Some RPG Newsletters/Fanzines...:Mike---

If you can share issue #s, dates, TOCs, and some condition notes, that would definitely help!

Allan

Sure, i'll take some pictures this evening.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:03 pm 

Here are the pictures of my news from bree, underworld oracle and dungeoneer, plus some random extras!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:48 am 

O&W usually sells i  the range 50-70.
The other zines from the research i had when i was looking for them are a cbit volatile... sometime they sell  in the range of 20 , other times they sell in the range of 30/40 bucks...
Cheers

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am 

Just wanted to say that when I looked at the auction, the shipping cost to the U.S. shows up as $33.84 through the Global shipping program. I realize that you say you'll pack it very well, but the last time I had an item shipped through that program I want to say that the ebay global shipping people/place actually unpacked the seller's items when it was delivered to them ... and then re-packed them (terribly btw with re-used materials and envelopes) and then shipped it all off to me. I don't know if the unpack for insurance reasons, to take photos, whatever, but that shipping program is terrible for international customers

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:22 pm 

misterspock wrote in Some RPG Newsletters/Fanzines...:Just wanted to say that when I looked at the auction, the shipping cost to the U.S. shows up as $33.84 through the Global shipping program. I realize that you say you'll pack it very well, but the last time I had an item shipped through that program I want to say that the ebay global shipping people/place actually unpacked the seller's items when it was delivered to them ... and then re-packed them (terribly btw with re-used materials and envelopes) and then shipped it all off to me. I don't know if the unpack for insurance reasons, to take photos, whatever, but that shipping program is terrible for international customers

Well, as long as eBay are happy with it when it reaches them, any issues after that are ebay's problem. The problem with Royal Mail is that it isn't tracked abroad and I can get screwed over by a bad buyer and lose out on the whole deal.