Basic Modules B1 thru B9 value as a lot
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:15 pm 

I have been selling my collection off mostly on ebay but the fees they charge are making want to not sell the rest of what I have on ebay. Anyway I was wondering how much you think these are worth as a lot.(Don't want to breakup the set) They all all in very good or better condition, don't have any writing or highlighting, and all the inserts are still attached in the modules. Also they been stored in poly bags with backing boards since I have owned them. Here is the list:
9023 B1 In Search of the Unknown Mono 1st Print                          
9023 B1 In Search of the Unknown Mono 2nd Print                         
9034 B2 The Keep on the Borderlands 1st Print
9034 B2 The Keep on the Borderlands 2nd Print
9034 B2 The Keep on the Borderlands
9044 B3 Palace of the Silver Princess Still in shrink wrap
9049 B4 The Lost City
9078 B5 Horror on the Hill Still in shrink wrap
9086 B6 The Veiled Society Still in shrink wrap
9115 B7 Rahasia
9106 B8 Journey to the Rock
9143 B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond
9097 BSOLO Ghost of Lion Castle
Thanks,
John

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 pm 

That's a tough one. I know you want to sell as a lot but personally I would list them here in the classifieds section with individual prices to maximize return and avoid ebay fees. Especially if they are truly VGC or better (no staple rust etc).  You could easily get $20-30 per module in those conditions if not higher for ones in shrink and the more rare/in demand ones (Rahasia, etc).

Otherwise you are looking at somewhere in $260 - $500 ($20 - $40ish per module average) range for a lot price but generally, at least for me, I like to buy lots when I'm getting a deal not at top end prices.

Someone else may have other ideas but that range seems a good starting point for the lot as a whole IMO. Just depends if you want to maximize returns.  I still think you may find more folks looking to plug in holes with VGC or NM copies over buy a whole lot but maybe if it is price right...

Hope that helps some.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm 

to offer a value assessment one would first need to know what condition each of these items are in. and please remember, shrink is not a condition, it is merely a guarantee that there is no writing inside and that all potential inserts are present.

Shrink is not a condition

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:05 pm 

I have will think about breaking the lot up since that seems that would bring more for the modules. When am ready to sell them I will upload pictures somewhere like photobucket so a person interested in purchasing can see the condition of each.
Thanks,
John

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:22 pm 

zanarchist wrote in Basic Modules B1 thru B9 value as a lot:I have will think about breaking the lot up since that seems that would bring more for the modules. When am ready to sell them I will upload pictures somewhere like photobucket so a person interested in purchasing can see the condition of each.
Thanks,
John

If you are looking for the biggest dollar return then sell them individually unless they are in crap shape.

First work out a buy it now price, then set that as your minimum bid on ebay and list them as auctions. Some of the shrinkwrap stuff still gets wild prices on ebay and the B series is popular. If they don't sell then list them either here or on ebay as bin prices and bump the ebay price by 15% to reflect the fees. If they aren't selling and you don't want to wait then keep dropping your prices.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:43 am 

stratochamp wrote in Basic Modules B1 thru B9 value as a lot:to offer a value assessment one would first need to know what condition each of these items are in. and please remember, shrink is not a condition, it is merely a guarantee that there is no writing inside and that all potential inserts are present.

Shrink is not a condition...

... for some people it is a way of life...  :wink:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord