ICE / Games Workshop Prices
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 pm 

A friend of mine has these 3 boxed sets; he's wondering about their worth...

ICE Riddle of the Ring "seems to be" complete - I say this because there are supposed to be 80 cards, but this one has over 80 (I think 90 or so)... it has extras which may mean that the last owner may have put  a couple versions together.  Plus the ring tokens are a different color than the rules specify - but that might be okay.  There is writing in the rule book and a few stains but otherwise it looks pretty close to complete.  The two dice might not be original but I can't find an pictures to compare.  The box is in good shape.  Overall, I'd say it was a VG+.  eBAY sales are between $50 (fair but complete) and $150 (mint, complete).  I bet he could get $75 for this one, as-is.

Games Workshop (Talisman) Dugeonquest seems to be incomplete, but only in a few minor areas.  It has a lot of parts - there are 114 of 115 tiles, 1 or more missing "cones" (I think there is supposed to be seven or eight and this has six), a few of the other cardboard pieces may also be missing.  Honestly, with over 300 pieces, it's hard to tell what's missing - I know there are less pieces than the total that there is supposed to be.  One corner of the box is slightly split.  I'd say, VG/VG+ as well.  This is probably worth $25-$50 but it's always tricky when they are incomplete.

Games Workshop Heroes for Dungeonquest is supposed to come with 12 minis but has 8 or 9.  I think most of the other stuff is there although I'm not 100% certain as the missing minis is really a dealbreaker for most collectors.  Box is in good shape, rulebook/instructions present, but styrofoam tray is a bit beat up, missing pieces, etc.  I'd say G+/VG overall.  Missing 2-3 minis makes it hard to put a value on.  Likely in the $15-$25 range I'd guess, more for the Games Workshop collector looking to piece together a few sets to get it complete.

Any thoughts?

-Thom

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 am 

throwi wrote in ICE / Games Workshop Prices:ICE Riddle of the Ring "seems to be" complete - I say this because there are supposed to be 80 cards, but this one has over 80 (I think 90 or so)... it has extras which may mean that the last owner may have put  a couple versions together.

There are supposed to be 96 cards, six of which are blank. The box's assertion that there are 80 cards is wrong; see the card breakdown on page 2 of the rulebook.

Plus the ring tokens are a different color than the rules specify - but that might be okay.

Early versions of the game came with some ring tokens of a different color, along with an explanatory note errata about that (which also includes some errata):

There's also a picture of a similar token ziploc on bgg:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/427334/riddle-ring

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:32 am 

Thanks Guy, this was very helpful!

~throwi