CDs AD&D / SSI assortment
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm 

Hi everyone,

This assortment came in a lot recently, they're not really my thing.

I'm not really sure which books go with which disks.  There's no packaging other than what you see.

My first thought was to ebay them, I'd appreciate any advice or a heads up if any are particularly interesting.

Thanks in advance!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:50 pm 

Can't you pick up most of these older games on GOG.com?

So without the original boxes, I don't know what value they'd have...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:57 pm 

I don't think any of these are available on GOG.  It would be cool if they were, especially the old SSI gold box games like Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds.  Spent a lot of time on those games.  Quite enjoyable at the time.

Not sure if they will run on modern operating systems though.  Might have to find an emulator to use them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:09 pm 

Thanks for the replies gentlemen,

I don't have a machine with a CD drive so I can't easily tell, but yeah they're from the early 90s, would be reasonable to expect some challenges getting them running.

I'll probably offer them up on ebay for a token amount and hopefully find a new home for them.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:47 am 

dbartman wrote in CDs AD&D / SSI assortment:I don't think any of these are available on GOG.  It would be cool if they were, especially the old SSI gold box games like Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds.  Spent a lot of time on those games.  Quite enjoyable at the time.

Not sure if they will run on modern operating systems though.  Might have to find an emulator to use them.

DosBox will run them...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord