Shrink Wrap Warping?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:16 pm 

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've been here . . . .

I normally deal with artwork, rather than the actual game products, but I just got a shrinkwrapped copy of the orange B3 as a commission from an ex-TSR staffer that I helped out. It's in perfect condition, but the shrink-wrap has, well, shrunk, and warped the module. I'm sure that significantly impacts the value, but I'd appreciate any feedback on what a reasonable selling price would actually be.

Attachment:
IMG_0358.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Life is short, art is forever, and the credit card bills to buy the art last just slightly longer."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:31 pm 

Mine looks the same way.  I don't think the value is reduced if at all.  It's a SW Orange B3!  :-)

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:08 pm 

oB3s seem to be particularly prone for some reason (rescued from a humid dumpster truck? *jk*), but some managed to escape the warping: one dead-flat SW copy going spare here, anyhow... Attempting to flatten the module can have "interesting" consequences in terms of damage to module and/or shrink from what I've seen in previous cases.

As to value, I'm not sure whether the relatively recent c. $3k shrink copy made it onto the valuation board's list or how that computation was made when oB3s are more frequently encountered in shrink. If anything, there should be a waiting list for people seeking unshrinked copies. :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:07 am 

Many thanks for the responses! That's very helpful - I guess I should just post it here in the FS section, then, and see what happens.

Pat

"Life is short, art is forever, and the credit card bills to buy the art last just slightly longer."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:57 am 

why is that valuable shrink wrapped module sitting on that steel brush or pin cushion or whatever that is? :o  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:08 pm 

:D Just set it down quickly on top of the sheepdog's crate to snap the pic. Will get nicer, non-steel brush photos to post for sale!