CSM Demons & Devils Kickstarter Metal Set
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:42 pm 

I was given a set of the CSM Demons & Devils metal minis kickstarter rewards as a present and while they are very cool I only use cheap plastic minis for my own gaming and painting. Does anyone have an idea of what a reasonable price to sell these would be?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:15 am 

Well ... they are seemingly rare since most backers didn't get the miniatures that they ordered before CSM went kaput.

But you'll probably be cursed if you end up selling them for profit - that feels like bad karma to me.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:35 am 

I don't think anyone who was lucky enough to get what they paid for in the CSM fiasco is cursed or gets bad karma or passes that on if they sell their minis, but Hell, since I had my left leg amputated I have a credit in the Karma department anyway.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:50 pm 

Seems like Karma owes some here...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:03 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in CSM Demons & Devils Kickstarter Metal Set:Seems like Karma owes some here...

I also live in Delaware so we get extra good Karma each year to make up for it (kind of like the money they used to pay out for the oil pipelines for living in Alaska) and no sales tax.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:48 am 

Which minis are in your set, Jason?  I may be interested (I only backed at the $75 level, no add-ons).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:52 pm 

Not to derail this thread, but I wonder if some CSM stuff might become collectable or the opposite? I am not a miniatures guy, so I can't really guess. But I know some of the miniatures are really nice. The demons and devils are pretty damn cool.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:29 am 

bbarsh wrote in CSM Demons & Devils Kickstarter Metal Set:Not to derail this thread, but I wonder if some CSM stuff might become collectable or the opposite? I am not a miniatures guy, so I can't really guess. But I know some of the miniatures are really nice. The demons and devils are pretty damn cool.

Hey Bill,

I was looking through these minis tonight and the half dozen I checked out were amazing. Beautiful sculpts. The artists did a fantastic job. I was reading on the Reaper site that the artists may be able to get control of their work if they can get their sculpts (masters?) back in their hands. Only a few of the packages are labeled so I'll have to track down which is which, but some are very close to the MM pictures so I can do some guessing (other than the ones whose names were changed).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in CSM Demons & Devils Kickstarter Metal Set:
bbarsh wrote in CSM Demons & Devils Kickstarter Metal Set:Not to derail this thread, but I wonder if some CSM stuff might become collectable or the opposite? I am not a miniatures guy, so I can't really guess. But I know some of the miniatures are really nice. The demons and devils are pretty damn cool.

Hey Bill,

I was looking through these minis tonight and the half dozen I checked out were amazing. Beautiful sculpts. The artists did a fantastic job. I was reading on the Reaper site that the artists may be able to get control of their work if they can get their sculpts (masters?) back in their hands. Only a few of the packages are labeled so I'll have to track down which is which, but some are very close to the MM pictures so I can do some guessing (other than the ones whose names were changed).

Jason,
Yes, I am not much help with identifying them all. I would have to do same process to figure out which is which - but they are awesome! As far the artists getting back the sculpts, I am a bit skeptical. CSM is going through bankruptcy and that is generally not how it goes. The artists probably sold one-time use rights for the sculpts. So they can resell the art. The sculptors are probably not first in line for the assets. Also, unless something strange happens, I would guess the bankruptcy court (via a trustee of sorts) will liquidate all of the assets in a lump. That means unsold stock, sculpts, IP, etc., will be sold as a single asset. Very unlikely they will make any attempt to break down the assets. So, most likely, several miniature companies will throw in a bid (the sale will be closed bid; even though a value will be placed on the assets as a whole, it is unlikely that will be the sale price). The winner will receive everything and that will be that. The funds received from the sale will be distributed to the various creditors. I am not an expert on any of this, but that is the basic methodology. As far as the KS backers go, their best hope is that the assets sell for a good number and they are considered first in line (if they are considered something other than investors).

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:18 pm 

Picked up a bunch of the metal ones off EBay recently. Nice sculpts. Only bidder on most. I have no idea as to the actual current value of these guys, but using the Wayback Machine, I can put up a comparison of prices at least.

Type III Demon: Wayback $11.95; got for $8.99
Pit Fiend: Wayback $31.95; got for $11.99
Ice Devil: Wayback $14.95; got for $9.99

The others I could not get a price via WB, but I paid:
Bone Devil $9.99
Type I Demon $9.99
Horned Devil $9.99
Barbed Devils (2) $9.99
Manes Devils (4) $3.99
Type II Demon $9.99
Hell Hounds (2) $5.24 (I lost this one)

Those were all minimum bids, BINs were much higher. As I was the only bidder on these, it might be possible they could have gone for less. There have been others recently sold with BINs, and others with asking BINs slightly higher to a fair bit higher, though.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff