Original Bottle City, NTRPG digest reprints
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:09 pm 

Hi guys,

I haven't kept up with recent values very well, so am hoping someone can chime in here with "guesstimates" of current values of the following:

1.  Rob Kuntz's RJK-1 "The Original Bottle City".  This is #7 (presumably of 50 total Limited Editions, according to dbartman's comment on this thread RJK-1 The Original Bottle City).   It's signed in green felt tip pen by Rob, with a "Dear Valued Patron" letter, scans of Rob's original hand-written notes for Bottle City, and a 21" x 26" single sheet reproduction of Rob's original hand-drawn map in color (thick, glossy paper).

2.  The NTRPG-con digest reprints of PoVQ, Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles, and Ghost Tower of Inverness tourney.  

Thanks!

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:50 pm 

bombadil wrote in Original Bottle City, NTRPG digest reprints:Hi guys,

I haven't kept up with recent values very well, so am hoping someone can chime in here with "guesstimates" of current values of the following:

1.  Rob Kuntz's RJK-1 "The Original Bottle City".  This is #7 (presumably of 50 total Limited Editions, according to dbartman's comment on this thread RJK-1 The Original Bottle City).   It's signed in green felt tip pen by Rob, with a "Dear Valued Patron" letter, scans of Rob's original hand-written notes for Bottle City, and a 21" x 26" single sheet reproduction of Rob's original hand-drawn map in color (thick, glossy paper).

2.  The NTRPG-con digest reprints of PoVQ, Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles, and Ghost Tower of Inverness tourney.  

Thanks!

POTVQ I've seen sell for $150; Dwarven Glory for $60-$100; Misty Isles for $50, Ghost Tower is not authorized printing so you are on your own there  :wink:

We typically sell or raffle a limited edition original Bottle City every year at NTRPG con (signed with the large map but no scans of Rob's notes) and usually get in the $250-$300 range, but last year we didn't get a single bid at that amount, I suspect the reprint is going to drive down value. for the time being.

If you are interested in selling the NTRPG con reprints, let me know, Doug might be interested in another set (I believe we only have one set in the archives).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:08 pm 

yeah, I paid around $150 for that version:
edit:
green pen signed map (bigger map than other version)
green pen signed booklet
along with "valued patron" letter
photocopied notes on sheets

I remember getting confused about the versions out there and have to re-read the threads from time to time

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:49 pm 

also, there was one that sold last month for $107 in the Collectors Trove auctions. It looks like the LE version with the valued patron letter, notes and the bigger map, but there was no shot or mention of the green ink signatures (must have them though since it has the patron letter)

** expired eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:46 am 

Thanks, guys.  That's very helpful.

Let mirth prevail!