Shrink Wrapped D&D OCE White BOX
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:02 pm 

I've got one (still sealed) that I'm looking to sell locally and was wonder what a good price is these days. I saw one sealed in about the exact same condition sold on ebay for $500 with one bid but was wondering if that was accurate. Or if its is more like $2-300 depending on condition.

Thanks

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:39 am 

timebeing wrote in Shrink Wrapped D&D OCE White BOX:I've got one (still sealed) that I'm looking to sell locally and was wonder what a good price is these days. I saw one sealed in about the exact same condition sold on ebay for $500 with one bid but was wondering if that was accurate. Or if its is more like $2-300 depending on condition.

Thanks

Even with the starburst denoting OCE, used copies sell in the $150-300 range depending upon condition.  I would guess an OCE shrink would be $300-500 again depending upon condition. There was one on ebay in shrink with a smashed corner for $400 that sat there for months and months for example but then one sold at $500 like you mentioned.

Now without the starburst I've only seen one in shrink sell recently and that was for $1k and went to a member here. But it was nice and minty looking.

Hope that helps.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:35 pm 

They've sold for $700+ in the past. Very few and far between and most of those with obvious faults (as had that non-OCE IIRC, but the auction result's on my currently-dead laptop HDD). The $512 copy was a BIN price. Shane's copy, just under that Planescape Sketchbook from France in the overall eBay list by price... ;)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Put a SW'd OCE up at $200 in anything like intact condition and you'll have your hand bitten off before you can set the clock on the listing.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:51 pm 

Got mine for $375ish about 4 years ago.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:51 pm 

I am wondering what folks would say this question now. A nice Minty example.

And if you read this far, but don't feel it was worth your time, then I will say 'Read me no further, Lord or Lady ... and may the road rise up to meet your face."  :wink:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:24 pm 

Hard to say for sure in the current climate - prices are quite high.
An auction is the best way to see for sure. Likely north of USD 1500.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:04 pm 

Thanks red_bus. I appreciate you chiming in. I was guessing  around $1600 as sort of a starting place myself.

Anyone else? :)

And if you read this far, but don't feel it was worth your time, then I will say 'Read me no further, Lord or Lady ... and may the road rise up to meet your face."  :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm 

Definitely north of $1k. I'd pay $500 without thinking for it - and I'm nowhere near the strongest big around these parts for that kind of thing.

Given enough interest I reckon 1300-1600.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:11 pm 

shadeun wrote in Shrink Wrapped D&D OCE White BOX:Given enough interest I reckon 1300-1600.

Thanks for your insight shadeun! Yeah after more thought and study on this I have landed on $1200/1300 up to about 1600 on the top end in this climate given what I am seeing as well. Still though listening to more of you long time collectors is super educational for me, so I appreciate the input a lot.

At this time I can state that I have acquired one in really tight condition. It's NM, super clean and the shrink is in really good shape. I am invested around the top end of that range and had to deal hard to get it into an agreeable price range. The deal included another 7th OCE open in EX condition (very slight flaws) and feel pretty positive about the addition to the collection. One to display and one for my safe!  8) lol