AC5 Value
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 am 

I'm trying to complete my B/X collection and am down to needing just a few rares.  The AC5 Player Character Record Sheets is one of them.  What is an average price that I can expect to pay for one in fair-to-good condition?  I've been searching the usual places (e-Bay, Amazon, etc.) and realize they're hard to find.  I saw one go on e-Bay for under $100 recently.  There's one currently posted (I think it's the same one) with a Buy It Now price of $500, which seems a bit overpriced.  Any thoughts?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:06 pm 

Yes, that one is pretty tough to find, especially complete.  Lately, they have been going for $100 plus (plus plus plus)... I'm not willing to pay that much for character sheets... right now anyway.

The one you may have seen was for $599.99, and sold with a Best Offer bid... not sure for how much though and to whom.  The condition didn't look great either.

So, how much is too much?  Just like anything else, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay - for me, AC5 is worth $75 to $125 (complete)... and I don't have one so that says a little about the recent prices.

As a collector that started later than many others on this site, I've found that some of these books are getting really hard to get unless you want to skipping feeding the family for a week or two.  I know some folks got their hands on this little gem years ago for nearly nothing.   8O

Good luck in your searches!  You might see me right there trying to get one too!   :wink:

~throwi

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:15 am 

Thanks, I appreciate the insight.  It looks like the one that was $500 OBO went for $300.  A bit much for me, but I'll keep an eye out for another.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:43 am 

throwi wrote in AC5 Value:...As a collector that started later than many others on this site, I've found that some of these books are getting really hard to get unless you want to skipping feeding the family for a week or two.  

This ought to help expand your collection  :D

5:2 diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:53 am 

red_bus wrote in AC5 Value:
throwi wrote in AC5 Value:...As a collector that started later than many others on this site, I've found that some of these books are getting really hard to get unless you want to skipping feeding the family for a week or two.  

This ought to help expand your collection  :D

5:2 diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ha!  Just thinking of fasting for two days makes me ill.  ;-)

Luckily for me, the vast majority of my collection needs have already been handled... I'm down to the "dirty dozen", out of the ~900 items on my TSR list... AC5 being one of those 12 still needed.

While the 5:2 diet may not be needed for saving $ for collecting (I can always work more hours to make more money too), it may help my expanding waistline.  :-)

Thanks!

~throwi