James Goldman movie script
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:38 pm 

Hello all -
I am trying to gather any information regarding any prior sales of the James Goldman Dungeons & Dragons movie script from 1982 - the one that was never produced.
I am familiar with all of the history and background, but have not found any prior sales or estimates of value.

Currently, I am in the process of liquidating all of Brian Blume's TSR memorabilia/games and two copies of the script are in his collection.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:48 pm 

I'm not sure if it's the same script, but a D&D movie script sold for about $125 last year.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 pm 

Thanks for the link.
It's pretty hard to tell if it's the same script without any photos available.  His description says 118 pages, which is different from the two I have.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:16 pm 

I think that even if your movie script is different the end result would be similar.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:45 pm 

meierm01 wrote in James Goldman movie script:Currently, I am in the process of liquidating all of Brian Blume's TSR memorabilia/games...

(You might be on the receiving end of more than a few other questions, of course, with a comment like that...)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:54 pm 

faro wrote in James Goldman movie script:
meierm01 wrote in James Goldman movie script:Currently, I am in the process of liquidating all of Brian Blume's TSR memorabilia/games...

(You might be on the receiving end of more than a few other questions, of course, with a comment like that...)

I will be posting more info shortly regarding the sale.
As an FYI, there are a number of belt buckles (including red-backed RPGA - one of 3 made, I am told), medallions, wood box 1st printing D&D, 1st Edition AD&D books with Brian's name printed on the front covers (gift from the printer), C.A. Reed party accessories, TSR Chess Set, TSR Employee Handbooks, modules/box sets of D&D, AD&D, Boot Hill, Conan, Marvel Super Heroes, Indiana Jones, Star Frontiers, Gang Busters, and lots more.  Stay tuned...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:32 pm 

The manuscript seller is a member here:  riftvalleyman

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:16 am 

Well this should be interesting...to say the least

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:10 pm 

meierm01 wrote in James Goldman movie script:
faro wrote in James Goldman movie script:(You might be on the receiving end of more than a few other questions, of course, with a comment like that...)

I will be posting more info shortly regarding the sale.
As an FYI, there are a number of belt buckles (including red-backed RPGA - one of 3 made, I am told), medallions, wood box 1st printing D&D, 1st Edition AD&D books with Brian's name printed on the front covers (gift from the printer), C.A. Reed party accessories, TSR Chess Set, TSR Employee Handbooks, modules/box sets of D&D, AD&D, Boot Hill, Conan, Marvel Super Heroes, Indiana Jones, Star Frontiers, Gang Busters, and lots more.  Stay tuned...

Will you be posting these items on EBay?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:49 pm 

I expect that there would likely be quite a number of items of historical interest in Brian Blume's collection.  There are several members on the Acaeum who are quite expert in this area, and I hope that they will have an opportunity to examine anything that may shed further light on the history of the game.

As for me, I would hope that some of the more interesting collectibles do find a way to a forum for sale.  I would certainly be an interested buyer for an item or two or three . . . .   :lol:

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:31 pm 

I would hope/suggest that as many personal items as possible be autographed, thereby authenticating & adding value, imo