Pharaoh Module by Daystar
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:02 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:on ebay with a BIN (buy it now) of $1000 and the OBO (or best offer) option. List high

Contradiction; Daystar Pharaoh for 1k is not 'high'.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:37 pm 

Thank you all for your input! It is truly appreciated.  I am for sure going to donate to Acaeum when this is done (can't pass up the cool perks).  Now if you don't mind giving me more advice, I was thinking of having my Pharaoh entered into the GenCon auction, I have contacted them but have no response as of yet.  While they have pretty steep fees, 15%.. I think it would be cool to see it go where people are gathering to celebrate D and D's 40th birthday..added bonus I think Tracy Hickman is Dm'ing his finally released Eye of the Dragon, a sister publication to Pharaoh and Rahasia.  I am not sure how this would work but am willing to try and make it happen.  Of course I could be wrong, and according to my wife, I usually am...so any and all advice on this idea would be most welcomed.

Eric

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:52 pm 

I have no idea if that is a good one or not, but it does sound very cool.   :D

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 pm 

Keep it! Your sons might appreciate playing it, if you let them!  :D It certainly won't depreciate...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:04 pm 

Rizav wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:...I was thinking of having my Pharaoh entered into the GenCon auction, I have contacted them but have no response as of yet.

While the eBay fees plus Paypal fees are higher than 15%, I believe you will get more from selling this item through eBay, especially if you advertize its sale on this and other gaming web-sites.

cabala wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar: It certainly won't depreciate...

Unless it catches on fire, or gets moldy, or a thief steals it,...   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:07 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:

Unless it catches on fire, or gets moldy, or a thief steals it,...   :?

:lol:  :lol: that's more like disappearing...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 pm 

Rizav wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:Thank you all for your input! It is truly appreciated.  I am for sure going to donate to Acaeum when this is done (can't pass up the cool perks).  Now if you don't mind giving me more advice, I was thinking of having my Pharaoh entered into the GenCon auction, I have contacted them but have no response as of yet.  While they have pretty steep fees, 15%.. I think it would be cool to see it go where people are gathering to celebrate D and D's 40th birthday..added bonus I think Tracy Hickman is Dm'ing his finally released Eye of the Dragon, a sister publication to Pharaoh and Rahasia.  I am not sure how this would work but am willing to try and make it happen.  Of course I could be wrong, and according to my wife, I usually am...so any and all advice on this idea would be most welcomed.

Eric

I am pretty sure you have to be there to hand in your auction items, having people mail stuff in would be a nightmare for those guys!  Stick it in the Acaeum classified or EBay, it will sell for a good chunk.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 am 

ExTSR wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:
webrik33 wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:on ebay with a BIN (buy it now) of $1000 and the OBO (or best offer) option. List high

Contradiction; Daystar Pharaoh for 1k is not 'high'.

i don't think so either but someone said he could expect to get much less than $1k

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 am 

Blackmoor wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:
Rizav wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:Thank you all for your input! It is truly appreciated.  I am for sure going to donate to Acaeum when this is done (can't pass up the cool perks).  Now if you don't mind giving me more advice, I was thinking of having my Pharaoh entered into the GenCon auction, I have contacted them but have no response as of yet.  While they have pretty steep fees, 15%.. I think it would be cool to see it go where people are gathering to celebrate D and D's 40th birthday..added bonus I think Tracy Hickman is Dm'ing his finally released Eye of the Dragon, a sister publication to Pharaoh and Rahasia.  I am not sure how this would work but am willing to try and make it happen.  Of course I could be wrong, and according to my wife, I usually am...so any and all advice on this idea would be most welcomed.

Eric

I am pretty sure you have to be there to hand in your auction items, having people mail stuff in would be a nightmare for those guys!  Stick it in the Acaeum classified or EBay, it will sell for a good chunk.

And the Acaeum does not charge a 15% fee either..   :safe:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:
Blackmoor wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:

And the Acaeum does not charge a 15% fee either..   :safe:

The Acaeum is the #1 place to sell if you know your price. The best thing about selling here is if you have questions before selling about anything you can ask and get answers.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:
ExTSR wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:Contradiction; Daystar Pharaoh for 1k is not 'high'.

i don't think so either but someone said he could expect to get much less than $1k

I think someone mentioned that the cover was laminated - that does affect the price for serious, 'must-be-perfect' collectors... anyone who wants one just to have one may likely pay more than the estimated G/VG price.

~throwi

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm 

Updated information over in classifieds.

You guys were a tremendous help!

GOOD GAMING ALL!

Eric

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:47 pm 

Get ready to have some people message you and offer you money to end the auction early.  There are lots of ways to respond.  How you do it is up to you, but I recommend you not accept any offer.  For one thing, you can get in trouble with eBay (not that strikes fear into a lot of people).  For another, you reduce the selling protections eBay offers, even though your best protection will come from sending your package by FED-EX insured.

I usually just say something like, "Thank you for your interest in my item, but I am going to let the auction run to completion.  Interest from numerous individuals is high and growing, and I want to be fair to everyone."  Telling people they are breaking the rules sometimes gets them mad at you.

Good luck!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:20 pm 

Ben:

Thanks for that information.  I would not end the auction early, it is going to the end. I set a minimum price I felt like would make me feel fine about giving up a piece of my D and D years, so as long as it goes above that, it's all good.  

Eric

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 pm 

I would say you have made the right decision by going on Ebay (so long as the buyer ends up following through) - $1695 would have been close to the top end a couple years ago for one in much better condition.

The auction is probably also being helped out by the fact that the 3rd installment of series is being written in very limited numbers.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:27 pm 

Congratulations on getting a bid; that's already quite a bit higher than a dead-mint copy of Rahasia sold for... I'm surprised you did, to be honest, but everything is in the description and pictures about condition so they must be serious.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:25 pm 

Does it seem like the demand for rare and higher end items has improved this year?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:18 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in Pharaoh Module by Daystar:Does it seem like the demand for rare and higher end items has improved this year?

IMO that would probably have been a "yes" - not only for rare/higher end items - even before the current timeframe which is more typically a trough for prices, just before GenCon.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

PreviousNext