Ravenloft Tarroka deck
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:30 pm 

What is the stand alone Ravenloft Tarroka deck worth? It is a used deck. Thanks!

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:53 am 

if it's the deck that came with the Forbidden Lore box set, then I'd say it's prob not worth too much on its own...I'm thinking the $5 range. If it's the White Wolf deck that came out years later with the larger cards/different art, then I've seen them go in the (if memory serves) in the $70-$80 range. Those ones don't come up on Ebay too much anymore

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:40 am 

Thanks, it is the later, stand alone version. I had to make a quick call and after my offer I could tell that I could have gotten it for less but there was another buyer in the wings. The transaction is still in the works but I got it for $50 shipped to me.

Thanks again!

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:49 pm 

cdenham wrote in Ravenloft Tarroka deck:Thanks, it is the later, stand alone version. I had to make a quick call and after my offer I could tell that I could have gotten it for less but there was another buyer in the wings. The transaction is still in the works but I got it for $50 shipped to me.

Thanks again!

It is a cool deck but the card count on the back is wrong. It says 68 cards but it is actually 66. 14 One Sided (with a diamond design on back) Major cards, 40 One Sided (with the same diamond design on back) Minor cards and 12 Double Sided instruction cards numbered 1-24.

The deck should come in a black cardboard package. It is slightly bigger than a normal deck of cards but smaller than most Tarot decks.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:57 pm 

misterspock wrote in Ravenloft Tarroka deck:if it's the deck that came with the Forbidden Lore box set, then I'd say it's prob not worth too much on its own...I'm thinking the $5 range. If it's the White Wolf deck that came out years later with the larger cards/different art, then I've seen them go in the (if memory serves) in the $70-$80 range. Those ones don't come up on Ebay too much anymore

Only the Forbidden Lore deck seems to have sold recently on ebay (for $14 + shipping). Someone is asking a ridiculous price for one on BGG and they seem to have gotten that idea from Amazon. The White Wolf deck is extremely cool. A nicely thick, laminated card with an aged look and incredible artwork by Talon Dunning.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:01 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in Ravenloft Tarroka deck:
cdenham wrote in Ravenloft Tarroka deck:Thanks, it is the later, stand alone version. I had to make a quick call and after my offer I could tell that I could have gotten it for less but there was another buyer in the wings. The transaction is still in the works but I got it for $50 shipped to me.

Thanks again!

It is a cool deck but the card count on the back is wrong. It says 68 cards but it is actually 66. 14 One Sided (with a diamond design on back) Major cards, 40 One Sided (with the same diamond design on back) Minor cards and 12 Double Sided instruction cards numbered 1-24.

The deck should come in a black cardboard package. It is slightly bigger than a normal deck of cards but smaller than most Tarot decks.

Thanks for the info!  I was going to check the card count when it came in and that'll probably save me from getting into a discussion with the seller.   :)

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 am 

yeah, that was a good price you got for yours. I looked back at some auctions and they seemed to have gone in the $80 range for opened sets.

I just came across this one and I'd guess it'll end up around there

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

btw, there was a set in shrink that sold for $152 back in April of this year! 8O

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 am 

Thanks for info.  I had a vague idea it was worth more than I was offering but I felt reasonably sure I could at least break even.

The sad part for me is, I think I could have gotten it for half of my offering price.  He was in shock at my $50 offer.  :(

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 am 

you definitely got a good deal compared to how this one wound up

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 pm 

Wow.  That did end up a lot more than I was expecting.   :D

And the box top had been torn off!

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 pm 

btw there was also a Deck of Many Things from Green Ronin that's kind of hard to find now. It's not the Deck of Illusions which is currently available.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:28 pm 

i picked up an interesting Vampire item yesterday.

A glass, with a clan symbol on it.

Only info I can find suggests it is made by Chessex, mid 90s.

Cheers,
KAJ