Rolemaster Claw Law/Arms Law
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 am 

I have two boxed sets of these that I'm a bit confused about.  Both are in the first edition boxes, exact same black box with the humans fighting werewolves scene.  Inside the two are different though:
1.  All looseleaf.  The order seems a bit mucked up (the opposite pages are sometimes out of order).  You can tell these have never been removed from any perforations and there is a small postcard you can send back to ICE.
2.  All in booklets, the inner "chart" tables are perforated but haven't been removed.  One of the books says it is "third edition" which I find hard to believe (maybe they meant third printing?).  There are two flyers for products also.
I don't really need two of these, which is probably more valuable?  I'm busy clearing out doubles in my collection on ebay so that I can spend money on other games.
Thanks.

MT

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:23 am 

Pictures are always nice..   :)

But until then, I'm sure that Stratochamp could give you a definitive answer...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am 

Off the top of my head, the combined box set is actually the third edition. Certainly the first edition of Arms Law was loose leaf.

The ICE Webring is pretty useful and this page has a (working) link to a useful pdf with more information on the development of Arms Law / Claw Law

Rolemaster Arms Law & Claw Law Box 1600

[edited to add that for a time we used to play a combo-version of Rolemaster combat with AD&D spells that really rocked!!  The combat system blows D&D out of the water, but the rolemaster spell system is sadly pedestrian.]

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:09 pm 

red_bus wrote in Rolemaster Claw Law/Arms Law:Off the top of my head, the combined box set is actually the third edition. Certainly the first edition of Arms Law was loose leaf.

The ICE Webring is pretty useful and this page has a (working) link to a useful pdf with more information on the development of Arms Law / Claw Law

Rolemaster Arms Law & Claw Law Box 1600

[edited to add that for a time we used to play a combo-version of Rolemaster combat with AD&D spells that really rocked!!  The combat system blows D&D out of the water, but the rolemaster spell system is sadly pedestrian.]

That was a really helpful site, so I guess I have two different versions of the second edition.  I think I'm going to ebay the one that is all in booklets with the perforations, since they are complete, I think that will appeal to more people.  The versions don't have enough differences for me to keep both.

MT

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:32 pm 

Hi Matt,
There was only one printing of the Claw Law/Arms Law Boxed set. If you 're wondering what the correct contents are, that would be the 1982 2nd ed Arms Law and the 1982 Claw Law, so other than the thin Arms Law booklet, all of the rest are charts. The other one you have was somebody putting their later books in an earlier box (please no one here suggest that it is an 2nd print beta special unique upside down printing).

The webring site is pretty good, there are only a few errors that I spotted.

Shrink is not a condition