470 different Blood Wars Cards
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:03 am 

Hi Acaeum!

I would really appreciate your appraisal on my Blood Wars collection. I've got a lot of 470 different unplayed cards. They went straight into the collection folder and never left it. Does it make any sense at all to sell them?

Thanks in advance :)

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:40 am 

I just posted two comments about Bloodwars. Total collection was 603 cards.
To summarize, the Blood Wars Collectible Card Game was made up of four releases: The first release, Duel-Deck Packs (1128, 1128B, and 1128C) consisted of 300 cards (D) with one unique card, The Bladeling Hero. The Duel Decks can be identified by 1128B having a "II" lower right corner of art and 1128C having a "III".
The first booster series, Rebels § Reinforcements (E1) added an additional 34 cards to the game as chase cards and one ultra-rare The Lady of Pain chase card. These were added to the base set of released cards that came in the duel decks, the The Bladeling Hero being the only exception.
The second booster series, Factols § Factions (E2) added 134 cards and included the ultra-rare Chase card, The Key of Pain.  
The last booster series, Powers § Proxies (E3) added another 134 cards and included the ultra-rare Chase card The Floating Gods.
Only one Ultra-Rare Chase promotion card was issued and this was only available and distributed at the Gen Con Game Fair in 1995: GUARDIAN MOLYDEUS.
This makes the complete art collection of 603 cards.
If you would like a Excel spreadsheet of the Cards that make up Blood Wars series please feel free to email me and I will send this to you.
There also was a TSR, Inc. (1996). Blood Wars: Warlord's Tactical Manual Reference Guide printed by Random House.
~Billy

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:55 am 

As far as an appraisal goes:  I only have seen one complete set of Bloodwars offered on eBay (2 - 3 years ago). The Seller was asking $500. It never did sell and he was missing the Guardian Molydeus promo. I have never seen a Duel Deck set "II" or "III" offered.  Rarely I have seen "II" cards on eBay and I have never seen "III" duel deck cards on eBay.  This has been over the last 5 - 8 years.
Troll & Toad is typical for a good price point. They sell Chase cards between $7.50 and $15.50 each when they have them (they don't have many).  Figure the 603 card set contains 99 Chase cards and 4 Ultra-Rare (UR) chase cards: (E1) Lady of Pain; (E2) Key of Pain; (E3) Floating Gods; and (P) Guardian Molydeus. It is very difficult to complete the set since these cards are out of print and a box (36 packs, 15 cards) may only contain from 9 to 12 Chase cards.  
Other cards, common, uncommon, and rares can be had for around $0.35. Although I have seen 'rare' cards on eBay go for as much as $5 - $12 a piece.
~Billy

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:49 pm 

I completed the 1995 TSR Bloodwars collection and have this up on eBay. This includes 602 cards plus 300 Series II cards and the Guardian Molydeus promo card that was only available and distributed at the Gen Con Game Fair in 1995. I am asking $1800 (as these cards have never been played and went from pack to sleeve. There is a complete set available in the UK (without series II) and is going for around $1,150.00 U.S.  I also have an almost complete set up for $500 (missing the 2 ultra chase: KEY of PAIN and FLOATING GODS (Their is a FLOATING GODS card available in the UK for around $149) and also missing 2 Chase cards from Powers § Proxies (E3). It took me more then 15 years to complete the set and series II. Not an easy chore. I do have several mint Guardian Molydeus promo cards available and would consider trade for chase cards. I have some of these up on eBay for $49+.