Dicey Dilemmas
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:40 am 

Ahead of tomorrows next installment of the culling of my collection (noon GMT), I have come accross a collection of dice in sealed baggies, and I have no idea how to put prices on them.

I have couple of pairs of Olidamara dice, some original hard plastic poly dice, the softer plastic oves that came with a crayon sealed in the bag, a pair of hard plastic pink and white percentile d20s, an Armory sets on its card, and a bag of Gamescience polys in gross colours.

From memory, I think I paid something like $30 for the original percentile pink and white pair, and my gut instinct was that the Olidamara dice fetched about $10 a pair, but if anyone has an insight that'll help me shift these, I'd be most grateful.

Piccies of course will be up in the classifieds tomorrow.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:25 am 

I had some Armory dice on cards from the early 80s that I sold last year for around $25-$30 each set.  I had a similar Gamescience set up but I don't think it sold.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm 

If you play up the Greyhawk connection to the Olidammara dice, you may get more for them.  IIRC they were a give-away when you bought or pre-ordered one of the 3.x books from WotC, but I don't recall which (Epic Level Handbook, perhaps???).  

If you find any metal bronze-coated plastic d20s that look like this, I'm definitely interested:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:30 pm 

The End of a Dicey Dilemma

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.