ST1 Up the Garden Path on ebay
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:36 pm 

Yes I do have good eyesight. I'm a lot younger than you  8)  :lol:   I wouldn't just think that what the acaeum says on the auction is correct. I have seen plenty of items on ebay that the acaeum did not report.  Perhaps I should say 4-5 copies in all auctions (ebay, gencon, private, etc)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:57 pm 

Early last year I emailed Mr.Hickman  The fickle gods of ebay have blessed me with a copy of your original Daystar West "Pharoah" adventure, and my cold and flinty heart would like to know how many copies were printed, and whether or not you have a big box of them in your attic.   frp_guy   and he kindly replied  That you have an original "Pharaoh" is rare indeed. I do not recall the exact figures but I believe that there were fewer than 200 originally printed ... closer, most likely, to 100. I have possibly two existing copies here at the house in my archive.  Tracy Hickman

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:50 am 

I have possibly two existing copies here at the house in my archive.   Tracy Hickman
 Anyone wanna help me find were Hickman lives and steal his two Pharoahs? Reward is a share of the bounty. :wink:  :lol:  8)  :?   :D    ON a side note looks like good ole Mccarthy will have to wait many more years until he will be blessed with a ST1 :-) If you've waited this long, you can wait even longer Will  :wink:   Anyone know who the winning bidder Kellykc1 or something like that is?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:26 am 

Indeed, it looks like I'll have to wait longer... just hope it's not many years from now...  :?   Hopefully a couple more will pop up on eBay.  But I might wait a while in any case.  I have a feeling a PDF version will turn up sooner or later which will bring the value of non-shrinkwrap ST1's way down.  And then I'll finally snag one for a nice price.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:54 am 

I'm sure a pdf st1 will be made anytime soon. That won't be good news for guys like lawrenson who are hoarding them. Don't worry Will, I am sure you will see many more ST1s before 2003 is over. Who would have thought we'd see 2 Jade Hares in the sw pop up near the end of last year? We might see some great stuff this year. Just takes time and patience both of which I lack :-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:25 pm 

WOW, ANOTHER ST1 on ebay!!  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1183  Its not as rare as we tend to believe. Well Malcolm, TWO on ebay so far and its so early in the year. I think we'll see many many more.  Side note, do I sense a sore loser side from you Will? I saw the NG post of you almost making fun of the winner kellykc1. You sold clothes but I guess they were banana republic clothes not childrens clothes so you are exempt from being made fun of. Odd combination either way 8)  :lol:  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:23 pm 

....and don't forget the private sale right here in the Forum Boards. That makes 3 this year. Unless you count the other 3 in Malcolms treasure horde...which makes it 6.  Hey, that one up for auction now looks great. Perhaps even EX to NM. Should be cool to see what one goes for. Seems like the prices are holding steady these days so this should prove to be a good price guide for this item.  Ouch-- on the Banana Republic items. Do these come in the standard D&D'r sizes? Those would look good on me on the next gaming group session.   :lol:  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:37 pm 

Perhaps Will is a high class D&Der since he wears banana republic clothes? LOL I can imagine him and a bunch of nerdy gamers playing a game and him sticking out of the group like a sore thumb wearing banana republic leather jackets, pants, and looking well groomed during a gaming session etc while the rest of the gaming group are in pajamas, old t-shirts smell funny, unkept hair, etc. New fashion trend being started by Will?  As to the ST1 on ebay, it looks to be in great condition but I don't think it will get $1000. Might end up the same price as the last one.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:34 pm 

BR leather jackets are nice, but I always skip the leather pants...   I think I'm going to take a rest on the ST1 bidding until a PDF comes out, and then watch the price drop.  Then again maybe I'll be tempted before then...    :wink:

Previous