Horde Help
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:54 pm 

I recently picked up my biggest haul by far of RPG material to date (about 10 boxes worth) Sunday. I'm coming across a lot of goodies in here, but it will take some time to fully go through everything. Nothing truly exceptional on the rarity scale that I am aware of, though I did pick up rather nice copies of some D&D mods like B1-9, B11, H3, 3 of the 4 DA series, I9, I11, I12, RS1, S1-4 (2 copies), Vecna Lives!, X10 (unpunched), and X12. The  two largest piles (of about 35-40 game systems) aside from D&D are dedicated to Shadowrun and Battletech.

Anyhoo, I am unfamiliar with a number of items. I'll surely be posting about these before too long hopefully, but for the first installment, I am wondering if anyone here is familiar with this. It's from Integrated Games dated 1984, entitled The Watchers of the Silver Flame. I only found two failed auctions on EBay, the lowest shown here. It appears to be complete and uncut. Contents look about VF or better condition. The box would be FN or so were it not for two split corners.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:38 pm 

If you happen to find a spare Halls of the Dwarven Kings booklet 1 in there, Paul, I'm looking for one---I have an incomplete set.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 am 

I bought one at Gencon a few years back for $50, it was in good shape

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 am 

I found all four - the three box sets and the booklet CDM 2 - for $30-$40 each.  That was a few years ago.

IIRC, it's the CDM 2 box set - The Lost Shrine of Kasar-Khan that's tough to find.  And CDM 5 of course :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm 

grodog wrote in Horde Help:If you happen to find a spare Halls of the Dwarven Kings booklet 1 in there, Paul, I'm looking for one---I have an incomplete set.

So far, so bad. Not seeing it. I definately see myself doing a large post on the 'Trading to Complete' thread when all is said and done.  8O

Thanks for the tips, guys. It seems about where I thought it would be.

Annnnd... next on the list: I came across a 1st issue of TSR Worlds which looks in FN-VF shape. Any ideas on this little puppy?

I also came across a Dark & Hidden Ways and Wild Things as well.  :)  Not with the books, though.  :(

EDIT: Oh, and I have copies of The Morrow Project 3rd Edition rulebook (VF), plus mods Desert Search and Operation Lucifer (both about FN). Ideas on these puppies?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm 

Still looking for assistance on:

• Issue #1 of TSR Worlds - (FN-VF)
• The Morrow Project 3E Rulebook - (VF)
• TMP module Desert Search - (FN)
• TMP module Operation Lucifer - (FN)
• Ars Magica 1st Edition Rulebook - (VF) (found 2 auctions on EBay sold at $50+ each on BINs)
• Ars Magica 1E Saga Pack - (VF-)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 pm 

TSR Worlds #1 should get around $30-50.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 pm 

And... burntire brothers used to have some extra copies of some of the TSR Worlds newsletters.  If they still have some, perhaps they would be willing to sell? :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:19 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Horde Help:TSR Worlds #1 should get around $30-50.

Thanks.  :D

dbartman wrote in Horde Help:And... burntire brothers used to have some extra copies of some of the TSR Worlds newsletters.  If they still have some, perhaps they would be willing to sell? :)

Don't fret. It's neat to get a look at some of this stuff, but my collecting habits are somewhat narrower in focus than most it would seem. When the cataloging and checking gets finished for all this stuff, this one will probably hit the sale list... after a thorough reading, of course.  :wink:

So, we still have:
• Ars Magica 1st Edition Rulebook - (VF) (found 2 auctions on EBay sold at $50+ each on BINs)
• and a newly found New Infinities product, Aesheba: Greek Africa to add to the list. I've seen them on EBay before, but I can't find recent ones.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:57 am 

Ars Magica 1s ed should be in the range of 30 bucks if in collecfable conditions...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 pm 

Be sure to check which printing of Ars Magica 1st edition you have, Paul:  Ars Magica | RPG Item | RPGGeek

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:58 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Horde Help:
Annnnd... next on the list: I came across a 1st issue of TSR Worlds which looks in FN-VF shape. Any ideas on this little puppy?

If it's TSR Worlds #1 the comic book, my local shop has as many copies as you would want to buy for 90 cents each.  There are plenty of copies on Ebay that sell for a buck or less. They are relatively valueless.  The newsletters are an entirely different story...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:35 pm 

grodog wrote in Horde Help:Be sure to check which printing of Ars Magica 1st edition you have, Paul:  http://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/73147/ars-magica

Thanks for the tip. It looks like I have a genuine for real 1st print! Woot! I used to have a bunch of 3rd Ed books BITD. Pity I never got to play the game. Just hope the Acaeum wiki gets back online soon so I can add this to the database. Not likely to see another one soon.

Badmike wrote in Horde Help:If it's TSR Worlds #1 the comic book, my local shop has as many copies as you would want to buy for 90 cents each.  There are plenty of copies on Ebay that sell for a buck or less. They are relatively valueless.  The newsletters are an entirely different story...

Yep, it's the newsletter.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:38 pm 

Okay, the current list:
• Ars Magica 1st Edition Rulebook, 1st printing - (VF) (found 2 auctions on EBay sold at $50+ each on BINs)
• Aesheba: Greek Africa - (FN+) by New Infinities
• G.M. Magazine - (FN-) - Vol. 2, No. 1, Sept. 1989
• Fantasy Chronicles Magazine - (VF) - Issue #1 (of nine issues made apparently)
• Program for Origins 1987 in Baltimore - (VF)
• Pre-Registration book for Gen Con 1990 - (VF-) - intact, forms not sent in as far as I can tell
• Pre-Registration book for Gen Con 1991 - (cover GD-VG/interior FN) - also not filled in
• Program for Dragonmeet Baltimore 1987 - (FN) - apparently boasts to be the first DM held out of the U.K.

And I came across a 1st Edition of Cities by Stephen Abrams & Jon Everson dated 1979. (an early Midkemia product, but not under that name). It would be in FN+ or better condition, but there is one thing that concerns me: page IV/V has a neatly cut outside edge (where the encounter listing would be). Is this something the owner did? Or, were all copies thusly treated?

I've also come cross a miniatures catalog produced by Series 77 encompassing The First Fourteen Years. It was (best guess) produced in 1983, after the company founder had moved to the U.S. I can find no info on the catalog itself, but those minis are worth some bucks on EBay.  8O

And lastly, some new miniatures on me. I have six new blister packs from TAG Industries made in 1986 of the Children of Valhalla line. Apparently, the line was bought several years back, but nothing new is really being done with them.

Now, when I get the chance to photo, I have some as-of-yet-unidentified pieces about...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:24 pm 

SimperingToad wrote in Horde Help:• Ars Magica 1st Edition Rulebook, 1st printing - (VF) (found 2 auctions on EBay sold at $50+ each on BINs)

The original rulebook can sell all over the place - $10-40.  The second printing seems to come up less often, but there isn't a notable price difference.

The Saga Pack is normal Ars Magica stuff - figure $5-15.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 pm 

Without digging them out, I seem to recall that Cities does have a half page or two so I think you are okay.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:07 pm 

Mars wrote in Horde Help:Without digging them out, I seem to recall that Cities does have a half page or two so I think you are okay.

That's my recollection as well.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:49 pm 

Hrmmm... wonder why they did that.  :scratch:

Next