DMG 1st Print w/ Writing
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:09 am 

Hello All,

I purchased a DMG 1st print on eBay and the cover is in excellent condition, there is a name stamped inside the cover. The overall condition of the book is excellent, as described, but the seller missed about a dozen instances of pencil writing within the book. The writing is very meticulous and neat, not sloppy, and appears to be the necessary "corrections" to the 1st addition. I paid $66 for the book and the seller is willing to offer a partial refund, as I would like to keep it. I was thinking that a $20 refund is "fair", but hard to say. Would you guys please give me your opinion.

Thanks in Advance - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am 

$46 does not sound like a bad price for a 1st print DMG.  If you can live with the minor imperfections (eye of the beholder, you, not the monstrous type ;)), I think the deal is fair.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am 

For what's it worth, I went through a similar situation a couple of years ago with a 1st print DMG oddly enough.  I got a $20 refund then because the seller didn't want to take the book back.  All the writing that was in the book I bought was in red thin marker, so I don't know how he missed it.  I think what you are asking for is fair.  If he doesn't refund, then I would move to return the book since the item was not as described and get your money back.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 am 

Sounds fair to me

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:42 pm 

OMG Take the money!!!   :)

(Yeah it's a fair deal...)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 pm 

Hi Guys,

I greatly appreciate your advice and guidance ... it is difficult to evaluate something when you have a vested interest in the matter  PDT_Armataz_01_21

Thank you all - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]