The value of handmade D&D items
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:19 pm 

I'm thinking of putting this up on eBay after seeing that PHB with the hand drawn cover that looked like you're high school folder. This is a unique one of a kind item. It's digest size, dates from 1980, and was completely done by hand. The book is in good condition and contains 22 pre-generated characters (example below). The cover may come into question as the dragon drawing was plagiarized form a picture inside the Official AD&D Coloring Album. The author/artist waves all responsibility. I will be considering a BIN of around a grand considering its rarity and condition.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: This book contains my first characters, and my first experiences with D&D in the forth grade. On Fridays afternoons forth -- sixth grade gifted had free time in the library if your work was finished. An Indian sixth grader named Rabi was running Isle of Dread and they needed a fighter……..the rest is history. My aunt sold art supplies and gave samples to me, that's where I got the blank page book and silver paint pen. I got the Official AD&D Coloring Album at the book club that year and copied from it extensively. I carried this for a couple of years until I started playing AD&D.

I'm only kidding about selling it. You'd have a better chance getting my Fazzle  :D

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:19 pm 

Well, it looks like we've found the next Fazzle after all...  :D

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:02 pm 

I'll give ya 10 cents for it but you have to pay for the s/h...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:12 am 

It may be Junk but still fun to look at.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!