Jade Hare without cover
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:57 pm 

Thoughts on a fair price for a Jade Hare in nice, not quite Nm shape?

Thanks in advance :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:15 am 

On ebay prices are variable from 50 up to 100 bucks... if the conditions are not minty, then i'd say that 80 bucks would be a good average...
ciaooo

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am 

It also depends on what is with it.

If it's just the module, $50 - $100 is reasonable.

If it comes with the original mailing envelope, the thank you letter (for sending in the request for the module). And there might have also been one or two other pieces of random paper (like a small catalog booklet from that year...). Then you can ask a bit more for it.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 am 

Thanks Gentlemen, I was looking to buy... there's one on ebay right now but at $159 seemed a bit high.  We'll wait for another...

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:20 am 

Have the price on these dropped?  I remember nice fairly minty copies selling for $150ish.  I'll check if I have an extra copy.  Look for auctions that sell the D&D black box set with the cardboard counters - they sometimes show up in them since they contained the card to order it.  I've picked up 2 sets that had them in the box.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:05 pm 

Mars wrote in Jade Hare without cover:Have the price on these dropped?  I remember nice fairly minty copies selling for $150ish.  I'll check if I have an extra copy.  Look for auctions that sell the D&D black box set with the cardboard counters - they sometimes show up in them since they contained the card to order it.  I've picked up 2 sets that had them in the box.

Although I bought my Jade Hare in the D&D boxed set for $5.00, I tried selling it at Gencon a couple of years ago. I think I was asking $200 for it, and it had the mailing cover, the thank you letter, and a couple of other things [it was a money issue at the time].

I haven't seen one sell recently. So if I'm low, please feel free to correct me.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:38 pm 

Was there a mail in for this? I recieved my coppies along with my orders from the Mail Order Hobby Shop.. I thought this was the only way to get one?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm 

Apparently they came in some box sets too, or they were placed there, after the fact.  I've seen them pop up that way from time to time.  Never found one that way myself, so I can't authenticate.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 am 

dbartman wrote in Jade Hare without cover:Apparently they came in some box sets too, or they were placed there, after the fact.  I've seen them pop up that way from time to time.  Never found one that way myself, so I can't authenticate.

I bought one that way, mail order, and I found one in a Black Box about five years ago. But I can't be sure the original owner did not buy it with the BB set and just left it in the box.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:54 pm 

In the black box is the card where you can mail order it.  As far as I know that was the only way in which you could get one.

However, when people did so, in many cases they tossed it into that black box set.  Many people don't realize Jade Hare is a rare item so you can sometimes spot it in auctions for the black box.