Original D&D books??
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm 

I have three tan-colored books from Dave, looks to be the original Dungeons and Dragons.  Signed by David Sutherland III

- Men and Magic

- Monsters and Treasure

- The Underworld & Wilderness Adventures

All are dated 1974.  I assume first printing, as there is no note inside to the effect they are second printing or beyond.

Then there's a booklet, no staple binding, titled Dungeons and Dragons Reference Sheets.

Finally there's 'Gods, Demigods and Heroes' dated 1979 [7th Printing].  White/color cover.

Any help on pricing these?

steve

Last edited by Centurion13 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 pm 

If you could provide some pictures, it would help in determining their value and what printing the set is.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 pm 

As you wish.

Dungeons and Dragons Reference sheets

Men and Magic

Monsters and Treasure

The Underworld and Wilderness Adventures

Gods, Demigods and Heroes

Will that do?

Steve

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 pm 

No price on the cover, so they're either 5th 6th or 7th print. 5th print says Hobbits and Ents, not Halflings and Treants. Beyond that, being one of these three prints, value for the ref sheets is about eh, $20-$30, with the booklets being maybe $50 for all three. The value is mainly in the box. As for them being signed, that would influence the price for Sutherland fans, but no idea as to how much. Honestly, I can't imagine it changing all that much. Nice find for your personal collection though!

Zenfinite

P.S. Gods, Demi-Gods and Heroes I'd put at $30 or so.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 pm 

For some strange reason, the "white box" sets are hot right now, and so are the books.

I sold a set of books (5th printing) in GD/VG condition for $100 (at Origins of all places), and I find no reason that you couldn't get at least that much with the reference sheets tossed in the set.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord