The Trap Manual 1979 Varanae
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 am 

Hello Evaluation Board,

I need a quick assessment on this item. I had made a conditional offer on several items, but the seller only agreed to the offer on this item. Please provide a range of value for this small press item.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Thank you - Paul

Umm ... nevermind  :oops:  I just found where I can get these for about $12  :oops:  I need to Google before bidding or making an offer  :roll:

Purchase Trap Manuel

Thanks again - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 am 

PM-Knight wrote in The Trap Manual 1979 Varanae:Umm ... nevermind  :oops:  I just found where I can get these for about $12  :oops:  I need to Google before bidding or making an offer  :roll:

Purchase Trap Manuel

You should read these ads more carefully, you just bought a device to trap someone named Manuel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:48 am 

sauromatian wrote in The Trap Manual 1979 Varanae:
PM-Knight wrote in The Trap Manual 1979 Varanae:Umm ... nevermind  :oops:  I just found where I can get these for about $12  :oops:  I need to Google before bidding or making an offer  :roll:

Purchase Trap Manuel

You should read these ads more carefully, you just bought a device to trap someone named Manuel.

Well, I am a Fawlty Towers fan, so I'm cool with that ...  8)

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 pm 

I'm pretty sure Trap Manual is actually sold out, so they aren't available for $12 anywhere that I know of.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am 

TheHistorian wrote in The Trap Manual 1979 Varanae:I'm pretty sure Trap Manual is actually sold out, so they aren't available for $12 anywhere that I know of.

You're correct ... the link I found was "vestigial" so no such luck on that front.

With that being said, I guess that I still have the same question, which is what is the "fair market value" for one of these manuals.

Thank you - Paul

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 am 

I'd probably put the trap manual at about $35.  This is one of the more popular small press lines so there are lots of copies around even if the trap manual is sold out by the author.  He had plenty of copies available a few years ago (at least 25 come to mind).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59 am 

I thought a Trap Manuel involved a box, stick, string and a taco. That's what my shirt says.
$30-40 should do it, but it is actually uncommon at least. I imagine most collectors have one at this point.
The seller's prices are eye-popping to say the least.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.