Variant for OD&D 5th print - Vol. 3
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:43 pm 

Wanted to post some minor things I noticed from a recent e-Bay purchase.

The lot included a rough 6th print Greyhawk, the OD&D Reference sheets and the 3 volumes for an OD&D 5th print.
(Box was not included, even so the price was right).

Also included was an extra copy of Vol. 3 The Underworld & Wilderness Adventures.
The two Vol. 3 books in this lot are different in at least two ways.

One Vol. 3 booklet has the smooth white inside covers and on page 25 the ENT illustration is labeled as ENT just to the left of the sketch.

The other Vol. 3 booklet has the textured parchment colored inside covers and the word ENT is not present next to the sketch of the ENT on page 25

Both Vol. 3 booklets list Balrogs and Ents in various places in the text, and though I looked more than once I did not see Hobbits (or halflings) listed at all.
I guess Hobbits are not normally encountered in the Wilderness, or the Underworld...  :wink:

Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 both have the smooth white inside covers.

The Textured books for the OD&D 5th Print have already been noted in the Acaeum description, so nothing new there.
The description mentions at least two sets having been reported with the textured parchment colored inside covers.
And the Word ENT next to the sketch on page 25 is not a big enough deal to bother Scott about.
Just wanted to post this for you folks.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM