Seeking Advice, Planescape & Blood Wars CCG collection
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm 

Greetings all,
    I am excited to find this site. Having been a collector for years I was wondering what my collections would be worth and if anyone here would like them?  I'm not looking to get a lot for them, just a little for my trouble.

--> I have an extensive D&D planescape collection, most items.  The box sets have some wear and tear (some more than others).  I am in the process of compiling the details, which I will list later.

--> I also have a Blood Wars CCG collection, I will be working on a list here as well, but I'd prefer to just unload the whole thing together.  I have one box of boosters (opened) of each of the three sets (1st ed.), and one starter pack in there too.  I still have all the boxes (see pic), the cards have never been used, I just gazed longingly at them from time to time.  I do have numerous rares (such as The Lady of Pain), but will get a detailed list worked up if there is interest.

I am really just writing this to see if there is any point to trying to sell the collections or if (though it pains me) I should just junk the lot.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:48 pm 

Planescape does quite well on the resale market.  Definitely put together the details of what you have and the condition.  You might be able to sell it all outright here on The Acaeum, or you could venture forth onto eBay.  Either way, your collection is definitely worth selling, not junking.

I'd recommend selling the Blood Wars CCG collection separately from the Planescape books/boxes.  You can attempt to sell them as a lot, but you would probably make more selling them individually.  It's hard to say though, and might not be worth the effort, if you are just looking at getting rid of them quickly.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 pm 

I intend to sell them separately, I figured interest could be radically different for the two collections.  I will compile my lists and post them here first, but I definitely have in mind a work vs. reward mentality.  
Which of course means the I would be willing to sell them for less than they are worth.  Especially if they go to a collector who will take care of them, which of course makes me terribly sentimental.  ;)

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm 

All box sets have all components in good shape, except where otherwise noted.  Some of the boxes themselves have some wear and tear.

"Planescape Campaign Setting"
"A Player's Primer to the Outlands" (Sadly I do not have the CD)
"Hellbound :The Blood War"
"Planes of Law"
"Planes of Chaos"
"Planes of Conflict"

All adventures have all components as well as slip cover.  Minimal wearing.

"The Eternal Boundary"
"Fires of Dis"
"Harbinger House"
"The Deva Spark"
"In The Abyss"
"Doors to the Unknown"

All guides/adventure books are in good shape, some have very minor wear.

"A Guide to the Ethereal Plane"
"The Inner Planes"
"On Hallowed Ground"
"Well of Worlds"
"The Great Modron March"
"Dead Gods"
"The Planewalker's Handbook"
"In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil"
"Uncaged: Faces of Sigil"
"The Factol's Manifesto"
"Faction War"
"Monstrous Compendium Appendix"
"Monstrous Compendium Appendix II" Has a noticeable bend in the middle of the cover.
"Monstrous Compendium Appendix III"
"A Guide to the Astral Plane"
"Faces of Evil: The Fiends"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:30 pm 

Sorry about the image quality, I'd be happy to snap a couple more shots if anyone asked.  Two more here too.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 pm 

Are these for sale yet?