Miniature Identification Help Needed!!!
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 pm 

I have a few small lead miniatures in my collection (which is for sale, BTW - acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3& ... mp;t=13644) that I can not identify.

These were probably the first lead miniatures I ever owned when I was a kid.  Purchased in the late 1970s or very early 1980s.  I think they were all part of a set or blister pack, but am not sure.  They may have been purchased "loose" from a hobby shop.  

They are smaller than the normal 25mm type - they are more like 1/72 scale.  The tallest is 20mm head to foot, the smallest around 9mm.

All of the bases are rectangular with no markings, with one exception that has a hexagonal base with the copyright symbol and 1978 and what looks like an "N" or "V" and maybe another letter or two (unreadable).  This one mini may be of different origin than the others - all of which do look like they came together as a set or package, and have similar bases.

I always had in mind that some of these looked like characters or knock-offs of characters from the 1979 movie "Alien."  On the other hand, several of them look somewhat like (A)D&D Monsters (doppleganger, hell hound, purple worm??).

There are definitely made of lead and were unpainted originally (please ignore the poor paint jobs!!!).

I searched the net and the miniatures sites I know of to no avail.  Any help identifying these would be appreciated!!!

b-36

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:16 am 

The little red critter on the hexagonal base is almost certainly from Martian Metals. I would check the MM section on the Lost Minis Wiki or Stuff of Legends to see if you can find it. The other Alien-esque minis look somewhat familiar; I'll keep poking around to see if I can come up with an answer. Hopefully someone else looks at them and can provide a positive ID.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:21 pm 

Spectacular!!!

Identified - Set 2004 "Aliens" from Martian Metals Traveller line . . .

Thanks for the help!!

b-36