My "collection"
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 am 

I just want to add to the general sentiment here and wish you all the best in everything you decide to do Dave.

Drop by here anytime !

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am 

ashmire13 wrote in My "collection":
SimperingToad wrote in My "collection":Do what ya gotta do. Just be sure it's what you decide is best.

[Red Green]I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together.[/Red Green]

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I'm considering giving my original books to my brother to hold, along with all my home brew, notes and print outs, rather than just dumping the paperwork.

As for the rest of the books I've bought over the years, I will just let them go, it's what I feel comfortable doing, it's almost like a relief.

Sounds like a good plan....give the irreplacable stuff to your brother, anything else you can probably pick up again if you decide to come back in the years to come.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:17 pm 

Definitely best wishes, Ash, but I'd strongly urge you to get a second opinion..........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:59 am 

ashmire13 wrote in My "collection":My counsellor considers it a link back to past issues and I'm hiding away in my memories and its causing me health issues and stress as a result, due to the reasons of going back to my childhood in that way..

I'm considering giving my original books to my brother to hold, along with all my home brew, notes and print outs, rather than just dumping the paperwork.

As for the rest of the books I've bought over the years, I will just let them go, it's what I feel comfortable doing, it's almost like a relief.

You're considering the items linked to authentic memories, your original books & notes, to be less than evil. It's the later purchases which are problematic. So then it isn't necessarily childhood memories themselves that are bad, but the repeated re-creation of them?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:15 am 

I think that's a fair call, and it's my seeking to hunt down and read material that's taking me back to a bad time which is affecting my health etc.
I do feel that if I remove the material and stop looking to get more, I'll stop looking to hide in a world I created years ago that was there as a protection if you like.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 am 

At the risk of sounding like I am making wide-sweeping assumptions, I am going to suggest we tread carefully here with our comments, especially if we are making comments about what he should do with his collection.  While I have little clue about who ashmire13 is or who his counselor is, my guess is that they have the best plan in place for whatever is going on.

The great thing about everything that's been said is that we care and want the best for him.  We all go through tough times, and it when life gets tough that you often find out who your real friends are.  This is indeed an amazing and wonderful community.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:05 pm 

Thank you all again. I've listed the items for now in the Classifieds, it's not much, it's not rare, but it'd be good if it went to a good home, not just shifted on eBay, which tbh, I don't want to do.
I might even list it on rpgmarketplace and let it run, as I know that's a decent selling site :)

It's not about the money I'd get for any of this, but just moving it on and to somewhere it'd be useful or appreciated

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 pm 

PM sent

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm 

ashmire13 wrote in My "collection":Thank you all again. I've listed the items for now in the Classifieds, it's not much, it's not rare, but it'd be good if it went to a good home, not just shifted on eBay, which tbh, I don't want to do.
I might even list it on rpgmarketplace and let it run, as I know that's a decent selling site :)

It's not about the money I'd get for any of this, but just moving it on and to somewhere it'd be useful or appreciated

Hi Ashmire,
Wishing you all the best ... I can empathize with your plight. The "nostalgic" qualities can be quite "intoxicating" to say the least, but at least you are weighing your options, so the choices you make to cope with this predicament are YOURS and no one else's.
Take care - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Previous