Dreadnought Newsletter Issue #8
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:26 pm 

So, I am looking for castle layouts and my Google-fu reveals that Dragon Magazine #86 has a castle (Great Stoney Castle).  So, I pull it out and find a receipt from TSR for Dragon Magazine ($3.00) and a couple of pages later I find a little pamphlet inserted.  I pull it out, and it's a newsletter of some kind.  At the bottom of the newsletter is the phrase, "Wargamers of Western New York.  

Here's the cover:

Here's the centerfold!:

It's in great condition overall, but it was obviously once folded down the middle and then inserted flat in that Dragon Magazine long ago, so it's fairly flat right now.  Anybody know about this or interested in it?  I don't think it's worth much, but I'd love for someone to tell me I'm wrong.  :)

Finally, weren't there more issues of Dragon with castle layouts?  If so, which issue(s)?  I seem to remember one that had three or four castles you could insert in your campaign and stock with monsters and treasure.  Any assistance would be welcome.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:18 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Finally, weren't there more issues of Dragon with castle layouts?  If so, which issue(s)?  I seem to remember one that had three or four castles you could insert in your campaign and stock with monsters and treasure.  Any assistance would be welcome.   8)

If you mean cardboard sheets that you could fold-up and assemble, then in Dragon there was a castle (in 86), a dragon (in 113), a ship (in 116), and an oriental castle (in 121).  I'm pretty sure that was all of them.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 am 

No, I just mean maps.  In searching around on the web, I found this pretty neat resource:

http://www.dungeonmastering.com/tools-r ... ee-dd-maps

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.