Castle Zagyg LOT
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:46 pm 

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if those with more knowledge than myself could help me out. I have always wanted to get the products associated with Castle Zagyg by Gary Gygax. When I saw this lot come up, I decided to get it, but had to bid sooner than I wanted, so my early bid cost me an additional $70.

I have seen the Upper Works go for about $200+, Dark Chateau for about $200+/- and Yggsburgh for about $120+/- so the big question is:

Did I get a good deal or not?

Here is a link to the listing:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Thanks in Advance,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:59 pm 

Dark Chateau for $200!!  probably not maybe $50

I think you did pretty good anyway, this lot of material will be desired as long as there are RPG's on the planet  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm 

Thank you for the assessment. I was going by what I could find listed online, which were BIN prices. What do you know about all of the other ancillary parts? I have seen some on eBay now, but they did not sell at their current prices.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm 

Without breaking it down item by item, if Upper Works is a $300 item (is it?), then your price on the supplements is under $30 each... I think you did fine :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm 

At first I thought it was too much, but then I broke it down, and it does seem pretty reasonable.  On a GOOD day, you might be able to find prices for Zagyg stuff around:

Upper Works $250
East Mark $60
Yggsburgh $20
other [email protected]$30+

So that's $450 and doesn't count the signed LA stuff (I have no sense of the value of those).

It seems like Yggsburgh was (is?) the common item, and is still possible to find new in some less trafficked stores.  UW has the most demand and got noticed first, but the supplements don't seem to have been produced in huge quantities either, and thus prices on those started to move too.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:05 pm 

David C. & Historian, I thank you for taking the time to look into this purchase. I know that prices for these can be all over the board, but I had a sense that around $425-450 would be a good deal. I bid higher than that, due to all of the items being present in one listing, which meant a time savings from having to hunt down the other items, so that was worth a little extra.

Thanks again - Paul

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 pm 

Definitely value in getting them all in one shot, I think.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn