Magic Cards
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:06 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I sold off a bunch of my mtg cards a couple years ago without any issues. Secure packing is critical but also make sure you describe condition. I avoided the the "collector" hassle by just describing my cards as player grade. Many were mint and never used but plenty had seen some use. It just was not worth the hassle to grade every single card. That said, i included pics of actual cards. I was surprised to see how well they sold when compared to the so-called collector grade cards.

To me, the main issue to avoid is selling anything without tracking.  You either sell only in the US with Delivery Confirmation or make international buyers pay for Registered Mail plus First Class postage, usually about $13.00.  If you ship by Registered Mail internationally, you can use a bubble mailer envelope (but not domestically).  Just make sure you do not use tape.  Of course, this usually results in no international sales except for the very high end cards.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 am 

Cool. Thanks for those links. I just received someone's collection for free and figured I'd see what they'd be worth if anything was worth anything... been about 7 years since I played, so I am way out da loop.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 am 

Hey everyone,

Well I'll admit I'm still on the cardboard crack. :)

Just picked up some singles for the new set off of Ebay and some card stores when I was in North America earlier this month...

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 am 

Hi,

got a full-foil artist-altered Liliana of the Veil (one of the new series of artist promos) at Spiel this weekend.

VERY PRETTY.

Cheers,
KAL

Previous