Adventurers Guild items possible price?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:52 am 

Hey Dave, how many "real" AG modules were in the $800 lot? Also were you the person who asked about the certificates for the lot of 33 AG items that went for $300+?  Please let me know what you know about the sellers AG auctions like how many real, fakes, etc  Thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:32 am 

Yes, the lot that went for $800 had some real ones.  He listed over 20 that he said were real, but two in those list were pdf only, so I knew that I couldn't trust the list completely, but some were likely real.  From the lot I got, 3 were identical to others I have, while the other is  loose leaf pages stapled crudely at top and bottom, and not at the fold.  I didn't ask about the certificates in the FR/Dragonlance AG lot that went for over $300.  By the way, that lot contained a couple of RPGA adventures which are not Adventurers Guild(A Hope and a Prayer, plus another).  They are regular tournament modules played in 1999.  If you want to meet, we can arrange that, are you going to Dundracon?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:44 am 

Hi Dave, how do you know the item was a photocopy even thought it wasn't stapled in the middle? Remember, some modules were stapled on the outside and not in the fold.   Compare it to the picture on the acaeum. If the one on acaeum is outside staple and yours is outside staple, perhaps its not a photocopy after all  Sure I'd like to meet you. I've met you before in San Jose many years ago. Do you have aol? If so we can chat too.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:48 pm 

Well guys 4 more AG modules up for bid!!  Check them out:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3120875278  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3120874667  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3120874131  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3120873607

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:42 pm 

Well guys, the 4 Adv Guild modules Paul listed have now ended. I think the price is pretty good for their rarity.  As of right now just by looking at those 4, the avg for AG modules is about $30.  Looks like several fellow acaeumers were bidding on the items and won them.  Dave won the Mission Brief and Trouble with Derro, Adrian the Dragotha lair, and Devon got the Return of the Pick-Axe.  Good wins guys! Now trade them to me :-D HAHAH j/k  PS. Does anyone know who Guestalt is? He was bidding on those items as well........

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:12 pm 

Mkman wrote:Well guys, the 4 Adv Guild modules Paul listed have now ended. I think the price is pretty good for their rarity.  As of right now just by looking at those 4, the avg for AG modules is about $30.  Looks like several fellow acaeumers were bidding on the items and won them.  Dave won the Mission Brief and Trouble with Derro, Adrian the Dragotha lair, and Devon got the Return of the Pick-Axe.  Good wins guys! Now trade them to me :-D HAHAH j/k
 You already know what you have that I want Mike.  Just say the word and they are yours.  In response to your classifieds, I have a copy of Mindbane from DarkStar Gaming.  Also yours if you want to trade.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:24 pm 

We'll do some trading Dave :-) Once we get the date and time setup for the West Coast "Gencon", we can all have a massive trade.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:25 am 

Most I've ever paid for an AG module is $3/piece.  But of course, I probably got insanely lucky ;) Now just wish I could find the ones that I need...  I've got some doubles (triples, in some cases), almost enough to get a complete series if I can get some 1 for 1 trades going.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:14 am 

I haven't seen much activity on the AG front in awhile, thought I should post these two recently concluded auctions to see how folks feel about the pricing/valuations now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:08 am 

bclarkie was outbid for these by the creepster. he posted a msg about this earlier on and was wondering how long it will be before they are relisted for 3-4 X the price very shortly :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:20 am 

It appears that a lot of people here are screaming about this creep1962. What is the difference between what he does and what every other reseller does?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:48 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:It appears that a lot of people here are screaming about this creep1962. What is the difference between what he does and what every other reseller does?

i aint got a problem with him at all. doesnt bother me in the slightest tbh.... if he can get what hes demanding for stuff, then good for him :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:26 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:It appears that a lot of people here are screaming about this creep1962. What is the difference between what he does and what every other reseller does?

I have got to diasagree here. Not every reseller does this:

R D Wingfield: Fiction & Literature | eBay

Ad&d Tome of Magic | eBay

D D AD D TSR RPGA The Investigation of Hydell R 2 | eBay

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

I don't begrudge anyone who is trying to make money, but this guy is fishing for people to take advantage of with those prices. Kind of like people like this:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Take that in conjuction that he has without a doubt the absolute highest shipping prices of anyone selling D&D stuff on EBay(3X as a high as Tonya and Tight Ass games), doesn't really leave a very good taste in my mouth.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:Take that in conjuction that he has without a doubt the absolute highest shipping prices of anyone selling D&D stuff on EBay(3X as a high as Tonya and Tight Ass games), doesn't really leave a very good taste in my mouth.

Where are you seeing that? Looks like Creep charges $6.95 (overcharging, but not insanely so), whereas Tonya is charging $4.00-$5.00 on similar-weight stuff.

The problem folks have with Creep is, for the most part, his "fishing" with super high BIN prices. He's counting on someone without much knowledge assuming that the price is reasonable, and impulse purchasing the item. He's also pushing up the prices for folks that want to own stuff for themselves, rather than for the purposes of resale (I personally don't mind that part, since I think the auctioning sets a market price, but plenty of folks disagree).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:30 am 

You must have missed the Silver Anniversary Set with the $20.00 shipping cost. and the R1-4 for $14.95.  Additionaly he ships first class mail which is almost the equivelent of Media in terms of cost and time of arrival.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:07 pm 

I've never charged $239 for a Silver Anniversary Set, nor would I, since it's not market value (never mind the $20 shipping cost). It's not what he does, but the length to what he takes it (buying something and reselling for a profit). He's the kind of reseller that attempts to take advantage of the newbie who may have just signed on to Ebay and thinks two bills plus is the going price for the set.  Personally, from what I've seen in the last few years this kind of reseller doesn't last long.....they rarely get any repeat business, end up accumulating negs due to disgruntled buyers, and quickly end up putting out much more money than they are bringing in.  Once again I'll say it, you CANNOT corner the market on rares without soon having an empty wallet. How many overpriced H1's has Cougar Retard sold in the last year or so?  Not many?  And they are still popping up regularly on Ebay, so much for his attempt to corner the market there....
    Let's face it, if Titan games gets flack for high shipping Creep needs to catch some also...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:24 pm 

I truthfully don't care about the creep, more focused on the AGs truthfully---I haven't seen that many for sale lately, and happened to miss these since I was travelling at the time (and still don't have a sniper program at work for myself).

Are the prices for AGs in general rising, falling, the same?  Anyone on the Valuation Board looking at them at all?  Just curious :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:27 pm 

grodog wrote:I truthfully don't care about the creep, more focused on the AGs truthfully---I haven't seen that many for sale lately, and happened to miss these since I was travelling at the time (and still don't have a sniper program at work for myself).

Are the prices for AGs in general rising, falling, the same? Anyone on the Valuation Board looking at them at all? Just curious :D

Allan, these modules are in fact being tracked.  As you stated though they do not come up very often, so at this point it is difficult to get a complete gauge on where they may be heading. One thing that I think will keep the value down to a certain extent is the same issue that haunts the Coverless Jade Hare, and that is the fact that they would be easy to recreate and sell fakes of. Even still, it seems that at this point they seem to be on an upswing, based on what the current valuations list them at versus what these particular ones went for, and also the fact that a set of 5 that sold back in the spring went very high at $500.00. Of note though, with that small of a sample to work with so far, accurately gauging a trend is at this point pure speculation, because at this point these just is not enough data to work with. From a personal veiwpoint, and basing it in part on the where the other rares seem to be going though, I would not be surprised if you see these at a modest increase in the next few years. Hope that helps.

PreviousNext