Adventurers Guild items possible price?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:49 am 

I'm not intrested in anthing produced that recently.  I don't care how rare they are.  Of course, if I saw them on the cheap, they would make great trading fodder.

There is no edition but first.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:04 pm 

You mimic my thoughts Jacobite:  I'm interested in the Greyhawk Adv. Guild modules for their informational contents, not for their collectable value....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:26 pm 

Suuuuuuuure Alan riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm sure your interested in the Quest of the Golden Orb for its contents? :roll: Come on we know your a collector and if anythings is rare or old, we know you want it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:40 pm 

Wow, looks like bidding on the adv guild modules is off to a great start. I see a lot of acaeum forum people bidding on them despite that some of them have been critical of the adv guild modules. Thats rather odd. Either way I'm geared up for a good bidding war.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:00 am 

Mkman wrote:Wow, looks like bidding on the adv guild modules is off to a great start.
 Yeah Mike, those items are kicking some ass at $3 a piece!   :lol:   Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:03 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Did you see what the seller has added at the bottom of the listing? He added that the certificates that come with the modules are not present. That may turn away some bidders.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:32 pm 

Mkman wrote: He added that the certificates that come with the modules are not present. That may turn away some bidders.
 I think that that the certs are only gift cerficates for people that run/won the module, yes? so wouldn't really matter...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:21 pm 

Well Brette, I'm not too sure (I will go and check my copies) but I think by certificates the seller means coupons. On the back of adv guild modules are these little cut out coupons/certificates that you award the players for completing the module. The coupons are like points/exp. By cutting out and giving this to players, they can win prizes like adv guild t-shirts, etc. Rhea wanna interject?  I'll email the seller to make sure if that is what he is talking about.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:39 pm 

I believe the certificates that you are talking about are coupons for magic items, bonuses,... for your PC in RPGA sanctioned game (Living Greyhawk, Living City, ... ).   These certs. are unique as the DM files the paperwork for game with RPGA (which keeps track of the information). The player can then use his/her character with certs.  in another RPGA game.   <This is how I understand RPGA-sanctioned games are run.  If I am wrong, please correct me.>  Ã

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:11 am 

Hey Daniel, I think your right on the money about the certificates. Let me go check mine. These certificates if I remember are on the back of the module. Isn't this what the seller is talking about? That the certificates/coupons are missing??

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:52 pm 

If the Adventurer's Guild modules have the certificates intact, that would make the module complete and worth considerably more than a used module missing certicates.  How rare would a complete module be?  Consider this, the store that bought this module, bought it to be played.  I don't think you'll find many intact.    IMHO, I don't consider Adventurer's Guild modules to be official TSR products, they are RPGA modules which there are hundreds of.  Don't get me wrong, the R-and RPGA- series modules are official as they spent some time in production and made available to the public.  Is there a market for RPGA modules? Don't know. As long as I have been around, I haven't seen much mainstream talk about RPGA and/or convention modules.  Ã

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:37 pm 

Hey Daniel, I went to the storage and dug out my adv guild items. Here is what I found.  The Living City tournament adv guild modules have the certificates/coupons on the back. The certs are for magical items,etc saying that you won so and so item in this game.  The other adv guild items like Ill Omens, Manxome Foe, etc do not have certificates. Only the living city tourney modules.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:57 am 

I am having trouble understanding one of Daniels explanations:  
IMHO, I don't consider Adventurer's Guild modules to be official TSR products, they are RPGA modules which there are hundreds of.  
 If I remember correctly, the R modules and RPGA modules are rpga modules for the rpga network and their are hundreds of them. I assume they aren't tsr too? If the adv guild modules had a cover, you'd say they'd be official tsr products? Explain plz.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:38 am 

I consider the R and RPGA modules to be crossover modules.  They spent some time and money to put together a module with a cover.  You could even order them out of the Mail Order Hobby Shop at one time.  If you are a RPGA member, group or store and you want run an adventure at a store or convention, you can request an adventure from the RPGA which mails or emails you the adventure.  Nothing fancy, just print it out and play.  The RPGA has a large selection of them (some stuff for other games like Call of Cthulhu).  The AG stuff falls into this category.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:21 pm 

Mkman wrote:Suuuuuuuure Alan riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm sure your interested in the Quest of the Golden Orb for its contents? :roll: Come on we know your a collector and if anythings is rare or old, we know you want it.
 Bah, I say.  While I admit to having a certain fetish that's hard to resist when rare and worth items manage to fall into my power, I am primarily a Greyhawk collector.  Hence my interest in the GH AG modules, rather than all of the AG modules.    That said, if I found some non-GH ones at reasonable prices, I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up as trade bait, so that I could more easily acquire the other GH AG adventures that I don't own already :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:57 pm 

Well those adv guild items went for $300+. Not bad. I still think they are too obscure and still widely unknown except for guys who come to the acaeum to be educated in these items.  If more come up, we'll have to see how much they go for.  On a side note, did any of you see the price of the photocopied lot? That is F*CKING GAY! I should start photocopying things like that and selling it for that much.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:01 am 

I was the one who bought the Marvel Super Hero AG modules a week ago from this dealer.  I got them in the mail yesterday.  Three are originals and one was a photocopy.  I am still pretty happy with the result.  If anyone else here won the other lots, I would be curious to compare notes and see the ratio on those sets.  Mkman, I contacted the fellow who was selling them, and he claimed that some of the AG modules in that final lot were originals.  That was why I was willing to go so high, but lost in the end.  It is a darn good thing the WOTC lawyers don't snoop this forum.[/quote]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:42 am 

Hey Dave, do you mean the lot that went for $800? That lot had real AG items along with the many photocopied modules??  The photocopy that you got in the marvel lot, how did you know it was a photocopy? Was it just looseleaf pages with no stapling, etc?   I'd like to talk to you as we are in the same vicinity and we have the same collecting focus.

PreviousNext