Value of Ultra Rare Modules (Palace of VQ and LCOT)
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm 

Super77777 wrote:How can a market get over-saturated by something that had a finite number printed almost 40 years ago?

Saturated at a particular price point I think is the comment.. agreeded there is a finite number printed, but there are also a finite number of collectors that are wiling and able to pay top dollar for the item.. since this is one of the most numerous rares, most of those big spenders have alreay a copy (or three) already.. a lot of poeple will be thinking if I don't get this at a certain price now then I won't have long to wait till the next one appears..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm 

Mars wrote:$3000 for a 3rd print woodgrain sounds insane too.  I thought the record for minty 1st prints was in the $4000 range.

The (most recent) record for a minty 1st print was in the amount of $7500. I believe that number hit about a year ago (maybe closer to a year-and-a-half?).

I thought that Paul Stormberg bought it?

And it was damn near perfect...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 pm 

Super77777 wrote:How can a market get over-saturated by something that had a finite number printed almost 40 years ago? There were 300 printed, therefore that is all that exist. How is that easy to get? Do you have a source? Just kidding.

Also, how can you compare a reprint to an original? Anyone buying one of the originals is not looking for a reprint. If someone is just looking for a copy, they could get a reprint or just print of a scanned pdf. A collector wants the real rare item-not just a copy to play with. Why buy something 40 years old to begin with if you just want a copy? The person collecting these is looking for a piece of history.

I have received offers for more already and the items sold. To satisfy your curiosity the POTV sold for more than 1000. There are plenty of collectors willing to buy nice rare pieces. I didn't come on here looking for offers, just some opinions. I should have made that clear from the outset, because I know that asking potential buyers to be raters would be a conflict of interest  :D

Thanks for your feedback.

The market can become over-saturated, when it's only a limited market to begin with.

You can compare buying a reprint to an original, when the reprint only costs $50, as opposed to $1200. (But you've sold it already... like Doug needs another copy... [Kidding Doug!!!])

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord