Dragonroar, British fantasy RPG
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 am 

I must state immediately that I'm biased in favour  :D  of British gaming products... This said, does anybody own a copy of Standard Games' Dragonroar? Dragonroar was a British fantasy RPG marketed before its release as having a 'secret ingredient'. It turned to be a cassette (uhm, did I spell it right?   :oops: ) for helping new players to understand the concept of a RPG.  How much could it be worth? I occasionaly search for it on EBay UK, but I have never found it. Am I simply unlucky or it's a very rare and valuable item?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:46 am 

I have it, it has been on ebay a couple of times. Not worth overly much, from memory I'm pretty certain that it weighs a tonne and that the box was very tough/well made...

Brette:)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:47 am 

beasterbrook wrote:I have it, it has been on ebay a couple of times. Not worth overly much, from memory I'm pretty certain that it weighs a tonne and that the box was very tough/well made...

Brette:)

Thanks! Then I'll check it occasionally.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:40 pm 

I seem to remember picking up a copy of this game along with a boxed supplement at a Gen Con auction a few years back (somewhere between 5 and 10, I think).  It wasn't a bad little game as I recall.  I'll have to dig it out again and listen to the cassettes before I try to render a full judgement...  :)

Does anybody know if they ever came out with more than one supplement for this game?

I've never been one for living in the past,

But I have been known to work there...

YIM