Appraisal of Ghost Tower of Inverness and Lost Tomoachan
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:56 pm 

I would like to ask the forums assistance in assigning a condition to the two Items mentioned above.  If memory serves, I purchased these from Gary Gygax's store in Lake Geneva.  I lived in Chicago and made numerous visits while they still had their store there.  I am the original owner, and they have never left my possession.  

The Ghost Tower of Inverness - 1979.

This is one of the limited edition items of which 300 were produced.  It is number #183 in the set.  It has some minor wear on the binding, but all of the pages are intact, and in good shape.  It was never opened except to read through.  It is even in the original zip lock bag.  Please check the pictures.

Lost Tomoachan

This is item number 244 of the 300 unit set.  It is not in quite as good shape.  There is some folded edge wear on the cover, but the most prominent blemish is the minor rust line from a paper clip that was on the top edge.  The line is front and rear, and the paper is slightly warped(?) from the pressure of the paperclip.  I could press this out, but am interested in how I could remove the rust marks, and not damage the value.  This one is also in the original zip lock bag.

Thanks Roger AKA Thorvaldor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 pm 

More pictures

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:12 am 

I am not a Seller, so do not have much grading experience. On the rare occasions when I do sell items, I tend to grade them lower than they may be to be safe and fair to buyers.  That being said as a buyer, the Ghost Tower looks VF to me, and I think it is worth $1500. That rust on the Lost Tamoachan is a real bummer. As a buyer, I would think between VG and F, maybe $1,000. The fact that you still have the zip lock bags though is a real plus, must be very rare to find these still with their original bags.

However, I have not watching the rares market too closely over the past four five months as I just bought a house. There are others here that can comment with more authority!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I am not a Seller, so do not have much grading experience. On the rare occasions when I do sell items, I tend to grade them lower than they may be to be safe and fair to buyers.  That being said as a buyer, the Ghost Tower looks VF to me, and I think it is worth $1500. That rust on the Lost Tamoachan is a real bummer. As a buyer, I would think between VG and F, maybe $1,000. The fact that you still have the zip lock bags though is a real plus, must be very rare to find these still with their original bags.

However, I have not watching the rares market too closely over the past four five months as I just bought a house. There are others here that can comment with more authority!

I would agree with Hermits numbers!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:12 pm 

Thanks to everyone for the input!  I have listed the Lost Tomoachan on RPGmarketplace as item number #119714.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 pm 

I just listed this item as auction number 119952 on RPG marketplace.com

Thanks again for all of the help!

Thorvaldor

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 pm 

I recently bought Thorvaldor's Lost Tamo and the deal went flawlessly.
The item is great, and was very well described.
It was very well packed, I get it very fast (faster than expected)  
So, don't hesitate to bid, and thanks to him, again.
:D