D&D Paint a Figurines?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 pm 

Hello all! I have recently come across a huge collection of D&D goods of all kinds and was looking to see if I could get some worth attached to some of the things I've acquired.

In particular, I've obtained 2 Paint-a-Figurines. One is a Strongheart Paint-a-Fig and the other is a Warduke Paint-a-Fig. These things more than the rest stand out to me and I've been unable to find decent documentation about them.

They're still in their original packaging. The Strongheart one has a bend on the cardstock above the figure and the Warduke one has some deterioration on the bottom of the plastic Packaging. Both of their plastic packaging are starting to yellow. The Warduke one more so than the Strongheart one. But both are still completely sealed.

My question is this. What the heck are they? Is there a backstory to them or did something stop the production early so they aren't widly known? Also, what would something like this go for?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the advice!

NOTE:
These things are on my desk at work and would be a pain in the ass to bring home for pictures at this point, and I can't take pictures in our office for security reasons. I probably won't have pics of them for a while. Sorry!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm 

Here's a pic of the Warduke one:

http://dockingbay97.com/warduke/paintfigure.html

These things came out in the mid 80s as part of a wild marketing phase of the company.  Lots of strange items were produced including needlepoint kits, pogs, etc.  There are definitely some collectors of this type of stuff but I have not tracked these.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:10 am 

Yep, that's one of them. I'll be honest, even if I do figure out their value, I don't know if I would want to part with them. They're just too freakin' cool. Pink packaging and all :P