Leap of Faith PAL4-04
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A one-round D&D Living Greyhawk
"Theocracy of the Pale"  Regional Adventure
An RPGA Tournament Adventure for APL 4-12.

Does anyone here have contact information for Gregory A. Dreher (Author of the above) or do you have what you are asure is an original copy of this item?
Could you please describe how your copy is put together, and what this is comprised of.
Better yet send me a PM describing this item?
Thanks in advance.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:09 am 

As someone who prob knows about this..
As far as I know only the first couple of LG modules were "printed", all of these others were distributed as PDF's.. I had seen them on ebay and I have seen their ending prices.. I would expect them to be just print outs of the PDF's.. not what I'm sure people bidding want to hear..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:13 am 

beasterbrook wrote:As someone who prob knows about this..
As far as I know only the first couple of LG modules were "printed", all of these others were distributed as PDF's.. I had seen them on ebay and I have seen their ending prices.. I would expect them to be just print outs of the PDF's.. not what I'm sure people bidding want to hear..

Thank you.
Yes, I have seen these selling a lot of late with high prices for some, rediculous prices for others.

So I finally broke down and bought one.
Paid way too much for it ($26) thinking it was an original.
As soon as it arrived, I had little doubt that this one is a copy of a copy, and it is not even a well made copy.
In fact, it looks very much like a copy of something someone else printed out at some point and hole punched.
Then the seller (or someone else) made a copy of the hole punched print out copy and did a LOUSY job of that too.
Two sided sheets wherein the shadows for the hole punches are clear to see but the person who made the copies was a doofus, as the back sides of each sheet are ALL upside down....  :roll:  :evil:

I am seriously Pissed off, wont be purchasing anymore of them.
Plan to neg the seller for non disclosure as well.
Does this not qualify as a breach of Copyright laws?

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 am 

Gnatt, contact Paypal and tell them this is a photocopy and you want your money back.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 am 

The rights to these reverted to the origional writters.. although Wizards did ask that they not be distributed when LG folded.. that was many moons ago.. as a heads up there are over 2000 of these..

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 pm 

I'm surprised that no one has tried to sell a compilation of them on eBay yet in CD/DVD or bound format.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm 

HOW Is it that this situation has not made an appearance in the Sellers violating copyright laws thread?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:08 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:The rights to these reverted to the origional writters.. although Wizards did ask that they not be distributed when LG folded.. that was many moons ago.. as a heads up there are over 2000 of these..

I think there are two different items getting a bit confused here:

1) The area Living Greyhawk adventures - different adventures for each part of Greyhawk (based on geographic location), a number of adventures per season, etc
2) RPGA Tournament Adventures

As I understand it both were mainly available from WotC as PDF downloads but if you were running a tournament then WotC would sometimes send a representative to runt the tournament or send a packet containing these adventures for you to run.  Very difficult to see which ones are "authentic" and which ones are fake because they were all simply printed off of a printer or possibly photocopies from some printout.  

I talked with one author not so long ago about some of their RPGA Greyhawk Tournament Adventures and they told me that they were still the property of WotC since they actually purchased by WotC - it surprised me to find out WotC paid money for this stuff.  I don't think the same was true for area adventures - so I think these ones did revert back to the authors.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:34 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:HOW Is it that this situation has not made an appearance in the Sellers violating copyright laws thread?

It would be like the little Dutch boy trying to put his finger in all the leaks in the Hoover Dam.  I'm sure at this late stage WOTC could give a crap, and there are so many of these out there potentially waiting to be printed that no one could hope to keep track of them all.  I'm pretty surprised someone with half a brain hasn't begun printing this up semi-professionally and offering them for sale...if they looked good, I doubt many buyers would complain (not really being knowledgable about their printing history).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:34 pm 

Mars wrote:
beasterbrook wrote:The rights to these reverted to the origional writters.. although Wizards did ask that they not be distributed when LG folded.. that was many moons ago.. as a heads up there are over 2000 of these..

I think there are two different items getting a bit confused here:

1) The area Living Greyhawk adventures - different adventures for each part of Greyhawk (based on geographic location), a number of adventures per season, etc
2) RPGA Tournament Adventures

As I understand it both were mainly available from WotC as PDF downloads but if you were running a tournament then WotC would sometimes send a representative to runt the tournament or send a packet containing these adventures for you to run.  Very difficult to see which ones are "authentic" and which ones are fake because they were all simply printed off of a printer or possibly photocopies from some printout.  

I talked with one author not so long ago about some of their RPGA Greyhawk Tournament Adventures and they told me that they were still the property of WotC since they actually purchased by WotC - it surprised me to find out WotC paid money for this stuff.  I don't think the same was true for area adventures - so I think these ones did revert back to the authors.

From memery only the first two years of the "core" modules were actually purchased by WoC, the rest weren't.. WoC has the copyrighted stuff still (like place names in LG monsters etc) so while the rights have reverted back to the writers they are inable to "publish" the adventures as such due to this.. in current format anyway..

Almost all of the RPGA adventures were distributed as PDF's inc all the Living city etc stuff, but i have read that the rpga headquarters did have files of the adventures that they did photocopy and send out (this is the early stuff.. ) there were printings of the first years core of LG.. stuff sent to shops etc that were printed and these still show up on ebay.. they do look a bit defferent to the pdf ones..

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 pm 

dbartman wrote:I'm surprised that no one has tried to sell a compilation of them on eBay yet in CD/DVD or bound format.

Quite a few of these can be found with a quick google search, but the mass of them make gaining a sizable collection a bit hard.. also WoC did actually sue someone that was distributing the files.. of course this was years ago now, one or two is not too much of an issue (esp if its your own work) , but start selling 2000 of then and see where it gets you..