TRAVELLER rpg items...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:21 pm 

Hi there,

Query on TRAVELLER products... are they collectible?

I have come across long forgotten in my office - alot of the a5 original books and a azhanti high lightning boxset

any advice gratefully received - thank you

Yours
Seany

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:03 pm 

Yeah, they are somewhat collectible.  Most of the original supplement books are pretty cheap to pick up ($5 or less).  Merchant Prince and Robots the notable exceptions.  Most of the GDW adventures are pretty cheap as well.  The last two, Secret of the Ancients and Signal GK, are much harder to find and usually go for more.

And sometimes you get lucky:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Azhanti High Lightning used to go upwards of $100 a few years ago.  Now you would be lucky to get $50 for it.  And it used to matter if it was complete with the Lightning Class Cruisers supplement but if you look at some of the recent auctions on Ebay, that doesnt seem to be the case anymore.  But if its in nice condition and unpunched, odds are you will still get a pretty decent price for it.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:28 pm 

Books 7-8, Supplements 10-13, and Adventures 9-13 tend to carry the highest premiums simply because of scarcity. These LBBs generally only had around 9-13,000 copies of each available. Compared to the 100,000+ copies of Books 4 and 5 that's chump change.

Azhanti High Lightning will always be more valuable if it includes Supplement 5 in the box, ebay auctions aside. If you find Lightning-class Cruisers available separately, it's 99.9% likely that it was pulled from one of the 9,500  copies of Azhanti High Lightning. In fact, less than twelve copies of Supplement 5 were ever released independently of the AHL game, and those copies went to the designers or Traveller writers.

But, do give a list.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 pm 

I see that there's no Lost Keith Brothers stuff anymore. That's a good find I imagine for Traveller collecting.

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:16 pm 

qstor wrote:I see that there's no Lost Keith Brothers stuff anymore. That's a good find I imagine for Traveller collecting.

They do pop up occasionally, if you keep an eye out for them.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:35 pm 

I have them in storage in my parents house I think. I need to find my copies :)

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM