Mercury Games - 3 books - Please help me place a value
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:46 am 

If someone here won To the Aid of the Dwarves, do please get in touch---I'd like to validate whether or not my friend Alex's art was used in it at all or not.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:01 am 

Mars wrote:
Its sounding Ebay might be the better choice.

Given that all the top bidders were members here, not really.

And, for those of us who can unscramble the ebay userids, is it wrong to point out who won something?  It IS available information, if one knows how to look for it...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 am 

TheHistorian wrote:And, for those of us who can unscramble the ebay userids, is it wrong to point out who won something?  It IS available information, if one knows how to look for it...

I think if the winner wants to make it known, let them do it themselves.  I've never understood why all the secrecy around here, but I'm sure people have their own legitimate reasons.

Besides, if someone really wants to know...let them figure it out themselves.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am 

We do/did have a thread were we all listed eBay IDs and I vaguely recall it being updated based on eBay's bogus obfuscation-supporting-shilling rules, so I certainly don't have a problem having those dots connected.

I had thought about bidding, but had a lot of trouble putting Henry down to bed last night, so I missed the auction closes---and the bids definitely outpaced my appetite for either item ;)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 pm 

I got two book auction and Strato won the rare book :) (My pathetic $450 bid on the rare book fell way short 8O )

There :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 pm 

I've just posted all three of the Mercury Games modules on eBay if anyone is interested.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm 

I worked with Dave Elliott in Naugatuck when he was creating the games for Mercury Games.  I have the original books for the games mentioned in addition to preliminary prints for "The Magic Touch" and a note to the "Mantis Warriors".  I was just reminiscing when i decided to see what was out in the ether.  was just trying to reconnect , and see what became of him.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 pm 

Mr-S---

Welcome, and any additional info you can provide on the Magic Touch cards @ [non-TSR] Mercury Games' Magic Touch Cards - found! would also be appreciated :D

One of the guys in my D&D group did a promotional poster for MG back in the day, too.  If you might still have the original art, perhaps, that would be fun to recover and/or see again!

I don't have any contact info for Dave Elliot, but other folks on the site may.

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Previous