Warhammer Quest
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:32 am 

At the moment I am selling my boxed set of this game and it is currently being bid up to a tidy sum. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-Que ... 27bed30150

The thing is, I've looked throughout Ebay and elsewhere on the net and have yet to come to a satisfactory answer. Just why is it commanding such high prices? I mean some Gamesworkshop boxed sets of other games sold at roughly the same time as this one was come nowhere near the kind of collectability that this game appears to be having.

There is some roleplaying involved if you wish to go down that route and the board game (as it were) is fun for several gaming sessions before being quietly put away in a cupboard somewhere (that's my opinion lol)

I've had this game ever since it was brought out and it had only been played about eight or nine times so time to let it go. Unfortunately, time, kids and moving it about from home to home has resulted in the box being battered and a few of the figures gone walk about. Even so- incomplete as it is, it is going well on Ebay, a fact that has raised my eyebrows.

So, why?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 am 

I don't know much about this set in particular but I have sold a few other Games Workshop big boxes such as Adeptus Titanicus, Space Marine, Space Hulk + expansions (missing the miniatures) and they all seem to have a following that is willing to pay a good price for them.

Probably stems from typical Games Workshop stuff being very expensive.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 am 

forkbeard wrote:At the moment I am selling my boxed set of this game and it is currently being bid up to a tidy sum.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

The thing is, I've looked throughout Ebay and elsewhere on the net and have yet to come to a satisfactory answer. Just why is it commanding such high prices? I mean some Gamesworkshop boxed sets of other games sold at roughly the same time as this one was come nowhere near the kind of collectability that this game appears to be having.
There is some roleplaying involved if you wish to go down that route and the board game (as it were) is fun for several gaming sessions before being quietly put away in a cupboard somewhere (that's my opinion lol)
I've had this game ever since it was brought out and it had only been played about eight or nine times so time to let it go. Unfortunately, time, kids and moving it about from home to home has resulted in the box being battered and a few of the figures gone walk about. Even so- incomplete as it is, it is going well on Ebay, a fact that has raised my eyebrows.
So, why?

First, Warhemmer Quest is a great game with a number of expansions and dedicated following. You can find quite a bit of homebrew material for it.

Secondly, the set itself is packed with great miniatures. The four heroes are great sculpts. Then you get three minotaurs and these are big mins, You also get aboutm 8 orcs, bats, rats, spiders, and I believe the little gremlin like guys, not sure if you also get skaven. There are excellent cardboard hallway and floor pieces and these large plastic archways that also have an incredible sculpt.  A good deal of the price is probably to get the miniatures by themselves which can be used with any Warhammer product.

Warhammer Quest is about the single best fantasy game set ever produced so I am not at all surprised to see it commanding a high price.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:07 am 

The complete game comes with over 100 miniatures. And yes, there are Skaven. Not much in the undead, but if you have Hero Quest, you can easily substitute. WHQ is simply amazing. It is infinitely playable, and can turn into a true RPG with very little trying. Hell, it even has rules for it. I never look for it any more, except for the expansions, but if I found one cheap, I'd snap it.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.